Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Just blogging for the sake of it (updated)

I don't really have anything to say ... just wanted to try and get back into the habit of blogging more regularly. Managed to get some blog reading done over the last two days, but many many more to go yet - hopefully by the end of the week I'll definitely be caught up. Apologies if I'm not leaving many comments, but I'm enjoying reading everything.

Even though the curtains don't reach the floor, I'm loving them - even just having them up gives the place some more colour and warmth ... and eventually I'll just sew some more fabric on the bottoms to help keep the cold out. I also picked up the same curtains in the sales for the main lounge window, but it's a lot wider and more awkward to get to, so I need to wait until I've got an accomplice to help me ... hopefully they'll be up on 20 June, 'cos Fraze is visiting - yup, yet another job for you Fraggle! :D

I did a dopey thing yesterday ... went with my little parcels to the Post Office before work, only to find they were closed - it was a public holiday in Australia, and I didn't know hmmm. So I rocked up to work in my business clothes, and everyone else was in jeans :( Good job I took a decent coat and scarf, though, as we had two separate fire alarms go off and we had to evacuate the building twice on a very cold day in Melbourne ... brrrrrrrr. It's funny, when I lived in Auckland I owned a full-length wool coat and scarf etc, but wore it about a dozen times ... since moving to Melbourne I now have a nice selection of scarves, gloves and hats - and along with my coat I actually NEED them. It has looked quite miserable a few times over the last two weeks - very bleak looking and grey all day :( So my lovely blue curtains help to hide the bleakness, and I get to look at some beautiful colour instead :D

Today I've decided I need to start my rotation again - I honestly have a tangible physical and mental URGE to pick it up and get back into my routine ... so this morning I am putting my Bordeaux Mystery Sampler (which is no longer a mystery 'cos we have all the parts haha) onto my scroll bars, and I'm putting a few stitches in before work ... after 10 hours on that, I'll be back to picking up the Dratteds (aka Dolphins Domain) and I honestly can't wait!!

(Updated) And just to show I really did make an effort this morning, here's the proof of my labour ... not much to show for it, but it's a start none-the-less :) I'm on 3pm shift starts all week, so it gives me a bit of time in the mornings to get a few things done - today I decided to have some "me" time for stitching instead of housework :D Mind you, I've been struggling with a bad throat and chest the last three days, so perhaps it was also a bit of pampering needed to perk me up too ... I have my fingers crossed it doesn't escalate into a full-on cold :(
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

9Comments:

Blogger Cathy B said...

There's always tomorrow, right? I'm trying to get caught up on my blogging too...seems as though I've fallen a bit behind. Still getting some stitching time in though.

Take care and rest - you'll feel like stitching again soon!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Oh no, not a cold! Get those drafts fixed and stay warm, Anne! And stitch lots, lol!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Yay! So glad you started Bordeaux Mystery Sampler - or we could just call it Bordeaux Sampler now :-)

2:02 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Take care of that almost-cold - don't want you getting sick!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your Bordeaux Mystery looks lovely Anne.

I hope you feel better soon, there's nothing like being poorly.

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that you feel better soon, dear lady! You need to get your pilot light relit; hopefully, you have by now. I think you got a great start to the Bordeaux sampler. Have a great week! :)

12:45 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hi Anne, its definately coat, hat, gloves weather here in NZ this week -it was -1 outside at 8.30am this morning, eek!!

take care, and enjoy the rest of your week :)

7:09 AM  
Blogger Susimac said...

Hope you are feeling much better soon Anne, keep warm as much as you can and plenty of warm toddies!!!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Another start, now that has to be good!

Winter is here now, nothing better than stitching indoors for me.... alas, it's back to work today.

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home