Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Stitching update

I had to take a day off work yesterday just to get some stitching in ... well, actually it was because I felt like cr*p, and couldn't face work - my sore throat turned into a bit of laryngitis on Tuesday night, and I hardly slept at all. When I woke up yesterday morning I felt really groggy and as though I'd been run over. This morning I still feel pretty rough - I'm more blocked up in the nose, and my throat is sore again, but my voice isn't quite as laryngitis-like. Fingers crossed I'll be OK to get back to work again tomorrow. It does mean, though, that I managed to get a bit of stitching done - and a bit of frogging too ;P I still have two stitches to fix up in the vines that I noticed I managed to miss yesterday, and they're easily added in - but I'm slowly catching up to you, Carol :D I'll continue to get this panel finished (the whole of part 1), then I have to get my ducks RR done to get in the mail by 1 July ... then it's "Dratteds, here I come!!!" :D

Just a quick post today, as my concentration at the computer isn't great - I tried catching up on some more blog reading yesterday, but I ended up reading most things three times, and gave up. Off to have another Lemsip Cold & Flu, then cuddle up under my blanket again in my not-so-glamorous PJ's for the day ...

(Updated) Crikey, I just realised that I hadn't posted piccies of my previous stash arrivals ... for some reason I thought I'd already done it, but just checked back in my blog posts, and lo and behold nothing was there! Oops - I'd forget my head these days if it wasn't permanently attached!! Anyway, here are the piccies of stash I received as gifts from some very generous ladies - thanks so much again Cathy and Nancy - your generosity is amazing, and I love everything (I know I've sent personal emails already, but just wanted to reiterate it now) :D Unfortunately blogger is, just for a change, having a hissy fit about adding more photos, so I've had to use Photobucket, which of course means you can't click for a bigger piccie, sorry :(

Here are my wonderful spoils from Cathy:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And my wonderful spoils from Nancy:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

12Comments:

Blogger Von said...

Stitching time can cure a multitude of ills and illnesses! Add to that a nap and a cup of tea.
Sending you hugs and prayers for a quick recovery, Anne!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

You are already caught up with me! I have all the boxers done, but none of the grape border.... and I did do line one of the verse. If you stitch at this rate, it won't be much of a SAL... I figured we were doing a one day a week thing? Let me know :-)

1:31 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Hope you are feeling better :) At least you were able to get some stitching in!

1:47 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Take care - I started off like that and before I knew it, I had a nasty case of bronchitis. You made excellent use of your time - I can't believe how much you got done on the Bordeux (Mystery) Sampler. It looks GREAT! And what lovely gifties from lovely ladies, too!!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Sorry to read you're feeling so poorly Anne :o( Take care!
You've done great progress on that sampler.

6:14 PM  
Blogger cathymk said...

Hope you feel better soon!
What a fantastic stash haul!!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you feel much better soon.

Lovely stash you received from Cathy and Nancy. You deserve it :)

8:57 PM  
Blogger Karoline said...

I hope you feel better soon Anne, great progress on the bordeaux sampler.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Your project looks great! Love all the stash you have as well, what fun. :D

Hope you are feeling better soon!

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuck! Sounds like you have a doozy of a cold there. *hug* Take care of yourself, rest and feel better soon. :)

BTW, did I spy Just Nan's Winter Square in the stash pile from Nancy? Very nice!

Ooops, your Bordeaux Sampler is looking lovely, as well!

2:13 AM  
Blogger Nancy in IL said...

You poor baby, Anne! Hope you get over your illness soon. New stash is healing, you know ;-).

I'm having Blogger upload piccy problems too! I thought it was just me.

Everything is looking good, and you're such a fast stitcher. The Bordeau Sampler is going really fast!

3:33 AM  
Blogger Susimac said...

Hope that you are feeling loads better soon. What wonderful charts you received, they'll keep you busy for a while.
Have a great weekend
Su

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home