Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I'd never get a job in a zoo!


Today was a grim day healthwise, succumbing once again to a cold that I've been fighting off for over a month. I managed to get a bit of stitching done, though, both starting and actually completing this wee project in the same day, yippee.

Don't ask me why, but I always thought this was a giraffe, with it's long eyelashes etc - only when I typed this info up did I realise it was actually a zebra ... oh well, it will always be my giraffe in my eyes!

I think I'll try stitching one of my old UFO's next while waiting for my Strand NZ wool to turn up, and my Mill Hill beads to come out of hiding ... I'm forcing myself to stick to my guns - I've decided not to stitch anything new until I've finished, or at least made good headway, on one of my bigger UFO's. Then I'm going to treat myself by starting a new BIG project - probably Winter Queen by Mirabilia.

2Comments:

Blogger Rowyn said...

I was thinking 'What a beautiful giraffe'! So I was surprised to read it was a zebra!! :-) It is lovely, as is your other stitching.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Anne S said...

For RosieKiwi: Hahaha, I'm glad it wasn't just me, then!! Although maybe it's just us Kiwis that see it that way LOL.
BTW, I popped into your blog, too - it was great reading. I'm only just new to blogging, so it's taking me a while to work things out :-)
Thanks for your comments about my stitching :-))

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home