Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Happy Dancing time

Yup, Dena has finally been promoted to the finished pile ... it might be a long time before it turns into an actual cushion, but I'm happy to announce all the stitching is finished. One more off the UFO list for the year - yippee!!

Not sure what is going to take its place yet - I've given up on my previous rotation of having a week to stitch each piece ... I think instead I'd prefer to do what a lot of other stitchers do, and have a daily rotation over the week. I already have two days set aside, so it'll be easy to plan the other days as well ... might have to look at it tomorrow, when I work out what I'm going to spend my time stitching.

11Comments:

Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

Yippee!!! It's wonderful!
Thanks for giving my name to Design-A-Blog, I was wondering who had given me a point :) Can't wait to see your new look!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Nicole & Phil said...

looks great Anne! Well done :)

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job Anne! It looks great and will look even better when you finish it into a cushion. :)

10:37 AM  
Blogger Rowyn said...

It's beautiful.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Gosh there's a lot of work in that, Anne - far too much to turn into a cushion that someone might sit on - :-O !
Why not have it framed and put on a wall where it can be admired for years to come?

11:06 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Oh Anne - that is GORGEOUS! Congratulations!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Very cool Anne! You did a great job on this. It's beautiful.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Thanks for the link to PawPrints for the SJ Beads, Anne!!! That helps me tremendously.

Dena is gorgeous! Blue is my fav color.

Carol in Pa

2:22 AM  
Blogger Lelia said...

Nice Nice Nice. Thanks for sharing your happy dance with us. My canvas piece is limping along. I just don't like working on it. I feel more like stitching "fall" stuff right now & found a cute Bent Creek Black Cat pattern -- a quick, simple, cutie pie. Maybe I'll get to it this week. I can 'ignore housework' too -- but not for long.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Hi Anne,
Thanks for all the sweet words on AoL today - your color sounds wonderful, but you might want to adhere to the 28 ct recommendation - her skirt is fully beaded and might get cramped up on 32 ct.... unless you can find matching petite beads??

Also, thanks for the sweet words re: my DH. Sadly, he had terrible lung issues due to heavy smoking and won't go to the doc. I have to hold on to him for whatever short time I still have him - that is why I am so sad :-( I appreciate your support!

3:51 AM  
Blogger Mel in Dubai said...

Hi Anne

Dena looks wonderful! Congratulations on the finish :)

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home