Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Just a Quickie...

My free time today has been cut short - thanks to idiotic terrorist activity in Bali. What is wrong with the world today? I won't start on a tirade ... but it just amazes me how small factions of people can turn the world so much on its head, and destroy so many lives of ordinary, good people. Just got a call from work as the phones are inundated, asking us all if we can come into work early to help out - I'm already on a 3-11pm shift today, which is pretty tiring, so I've offered an extra 2 hours before I start - which means my free time today is gone ... and only have time for a quick update to my blog.

I just wanted to say thanks again for all the comments you've been leaving - it's really supportive, and lovely to come home to. Also thanks and "welcome" to the new readers - thanks for making yourselves known ... it's nice to grow the circle of blogging friendship.

Katrina - nice to see a 'familiar face' here. I'm pretty new to blogging, but really enjoying it so far - but have loads to learn re setups etc. Thanks also for your kind comments - and you've been added to my blog favourites ... I was just in the middle of starting to read when I got my call from work - will read more when I get home and unwind :-)

Karenv - I agree, the colours of Dena work pretty well. I was enjoying stitching it earlier before it became a UFO - I think I got fed up with the weaving of those darned metallic ribbons ... but now I've finished the latest outer band I really love it again. Hopefully it won't be too far off being finished - I might stitch this on Tuesday nights for a couple of weeks just to try and get it completed. Stitching Bits & Bobs have a 25% sale off at the moment, and I'm soooooo tempted to get the Summer into Autumn kit that's sitting there ... yours has just tempted me way too much LOL.

Nicole - I love your Bingo analogy about my UFO system ... sometimes, though, you dread having THAT number come up 'cos you hate stitching on it. I have to admit, though, I'm seriously thinking of ditching any UFO's that make me feel that bad, eg my bullion rose facecloth. What's the point of stitching something that doesn't give pleasure - and in fact gives you a feeling of dread every time you think about it.

I have to say, I agree with a previous comment, that you could give the finished items to a charity - and that's probably what I'm going to do with the Stoney Creek Resting Place piece ... it'll never grace my walls, but it would be a shame to throw it out. I gave it's face a good wash in Orvus, and a lot of the marks have come out - hopefully by the time that area is stitched, it will take the focus away from the marks - time will tell, anyway.

I also love the Lizzie Kate "Boo" - and very tempted to buy it one day. I'm not a huge LK fan, but this one really catches my eye and says "stitch me!". I laughed when you mentioned the basket full of needlerolls ... I'm just finishing the stitching on my very first one to add to the basket - might have to take you up on the suggestion and many oodles more haha.

Erin - as I commented on your own blog, your Spring Peepers is gorgeous ... I really love the green thread for the backstitched frogs - much better than the original gold that I used.

Jenna/Beckysc - thanks so much for your kind comments as always.

Cathy - nice to see another new face. I have to admit, I'm new to canvaswork too, and only attempted a couple of pieces - mainly just small pieces in tent stitch. Dena is my most ambitious one, though, and I'm enjoying trying out different stitches and threads - a couple are now in my 'dislike intently' category, though! LOL. I'm on the Mystery Sampler board too (EGA) ... but haven't started yet hmmm.

Lelia - I went on a hunt for Patricks Woods charts and found some lovely ones ... I think I'm going to end up adding some more to my wishlist even if I never stitch them haha. I have to say I LOVE the idea of adding a button or something to cover the cord joins - very cunning idea!! Now I know why people add tassels etc when they're not going to hang up ... just to cover up teehee.

Sorry this is just a quick 'catch up' mainly to answer peoples comments - and apologies if I've forgotten to answer any comments or missed anyone out - but gotta dash and get ready for work now - looks like it's going to be a busy night, unfortunately ... more unfortunate for those families that are being affected. For people out there who have been affected by such dire events as this new Bali bombing, and the recent hurricanes, my thoughts are with you all ... Sometimes it's good to keep these events in mind, to see what so many have lost and are coping with - it helps to keep your own private trials and tribulations in perspective ...

1Comments:

Blogger Lelia said...

I'm going to try the 'button' thing real soon. My son, Alex, had stitched a small project. We made cord yesterday. He is still working on the backstitch. Not sure if we will pick it up before the week-end (I prefer he do his homework). When we get it all finished up, I"ll post it.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home