Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Finishing-Friday


Well, today I stuck to my original plans, and finished a couple of objects. I've had a number of pincushions stitched and ready to be 'stuffed' - I even had their cords already made too - but I just hadn't got around to stitching the backing fabric on a couple of them, and just basically pulling my finger out and finishing them. Well, today brought a few projects out of that forlorn raggle-taggle pile, and they're about to proudly join the 'pincushion basket' ... yay, I actually managed to stitch together 6 whole pincushions today - woohoo!

I still have another three yet to be done, but one just got its face washed today, and I have to wait for it to dry - and I can't decide how to complete the other ones - whether to turn the other one into a Christmas ornament instead of a pincushion ... oh decisions, decisions. After that I have one scissor fob to be done, along with two needlecases, and one needleroll (my first ever). I might attempt to get the needleroll done tonight, but even if I don't I'm pretty pleased with my accomplishments today.

Anyway, I'll try to upload a piccie, along with the one from yesterday (so you can see it Mum).

5Comments:

Blogger Nicole & Phil said...

The pincushions are lovely Anne. I love the idea of a basket full of different ones for display. You could have a basket of needlerolls as well!!! LOL
I am enjoying reading your blog, I love your ideas for Finishing Friday and chosing projects with counters, it is kind of like bingo! :)
I work on my UFO each Monday night (teddy beal alphabet), and work on my current WIP (lizzie Kate "Boo") the other nights.

9:08 PM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

YAY, you defeated the gremlin that wasn't allowing you to share your pics with us! Good for you :)

I love ALL your pincushions, they are just BEEutiful! GREAT job :)

Thanks for sharing :)

1:14 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Lovely finishes!! I was just chasing bloglinks around this morning, and found yours. I finished "Spring Peepers" earlier this week, and am now trying to decide what to do with it....

1:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne, they are all wonderful. I love the little Just Nan designs and the little Hardanger design. Great work!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Lelia said...

These are very pretty indeed ; ) You should be happy with them. And, you display them in a basket? How neat.

Cording is a pain. I don't know how to get the ends to look nice. One pattern I own, shows cording criss crossed (where the ends meet) with a lamb button sewn on -- which I thought was genius.

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home