Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Thanks everyone...

...for so many kind words about my canvaswork piece - really really appreciated :-)))

As for any stitching updates ... there really aren't any, which is unusual for me - haven't put a single stitch into anything for a few days (since Dena was completed, actually). Really need to get moving, but just haven't had the motivation - have been going for a walk before work instead (which isn't a bad thing, considering how much weight I need to lose LOL). This week's shifts have mucked me around a little bit physically ... after doing my 6pm-2am and 9pm-5am shifts last week, it took me all weekend to get over it - and this week I'm doing 7 days straight, with 3 different shift times (2 of 3pm-11pm, 2 of 12noon-8pm, then 3 of 9am-5pm) - hard to get into a routine ... but then due to a last minute bout of relieving for me, I get another week on the hotline covering someone on leave, which means I get an entire 5 days off next week ... yippee!!! Will be nice to have some time off for a change, and have a full day or 3 of stitching. Was going to go home to NZ for a quick visit, but the flights are looking pretty full, and it's not worth taking the risk trying to get there - will hold off until the next days off, I think (sorry Mum!).

Well, today was my interview day - I felt it went pretty well, but there are certainly no guarantees, and the competition is the toughest there has ever been, in my eyes ... it'd be nice to get the job, so I'm on a permanent roster and not having everything changed on me every month when I'm asked to do relieving - makes it so hard to plan anything in advance! But if I don't get it, at least I can say the person who does get it is of a fine calibre and deserves it :-) Anyway, hopefully we'll all be put out of our miseries by Friday this week - otherwise I'll be glued to the phone on Monday, as it's my first day off of five ... I think it had been getting to me a bit, and I was feeling anxious about it all deep down, as I felt a huge weight had been lifted off me after the interview ...

On a happy note I am overjoyed to announce that my 2004 JCS ornament issue FINALLY arrived at my PO Box today - can't believe it ... I had literally just given up hope of ever receiving it, and placed an order for one online, and the little slip arrived saying "you have mail" ... yippee! And I LOVE loads of the designs, even more than the 2005 one, I think ... yet more and more to drool over for a few days - and I still haven't finished drooling over the last lot!

Rightio, off to bed early tonight - I might have to put a couple of stitches into something before I go to bed, though - I feel a bad not doing any stitching at all ... maybe I'll just finish the Wisper beard on my no humbugs allowed ornament ... that should just about take me no longer than an hour to finish - right, get off the computer Anne, and get moving with that needle!!! ;-P


Blogger Gina E. said...

Your work roster sounds like some of Ken's bus driving shifts, especially the so-called split shifts. First half goes from 6.30 am to 10.30 am, and the second half from 4.30 to 8.30 pm (something like that anyway). Makes for a VERY long day and a very tired husband... fortunately he hasn't done a split shift since he was ill four years ago - the doctor forbade him; said it would knock him out working such a long day.

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home