Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

New Look !!

Well, what can I say, but gee whiz, I really like it! Took a few attempts to get things the way I was happy with it ... and I'm sure Lisa has a voodoo doll made of me (perhaps that explains my ill health issues over the last few weeks?!! LOL) - but the final version I can certainly live with!

My main problem was that I had my heart set on having a paua shell background (you're right, Sharon - that's exactly what it is!), and I'd had some wrapping paper back in NZ that I thought would be perfect ... Mum got sent on a shopping mission, but unfortunately the paper she found wasn't the same - anyway, Lisa obviously managed to find a different graphic somewhere, and it looks pretty good ... I just love the colours of the paua shell, I think the purples and blues are just stunning! So that was the touch of my Kiwi homeland ... as well as starting to fulfil my "blue" fetish ... and the ducks of course had to be on the page to tie in with my blog title. To add a little bit extra, I had the little photo added next to the comments sections, which is a photo we took on holiday driving to Adelaide earlier this year with Mum - it's a photo of the Twelve Apostles, on the Great Ocean Road ... so that's also a little touch of my current home, Australia :)

Now I can play a little bit with the sidebars etc - unfortunately with the colours changing, you can't see the progress bars anymore, so I need to try and work something else out there, plus centre the WIP's etc. Every time I look at this new blog it makes my whole body go "Ahhhhh" - I feel very positive and 'centred' when I see it ... it is definitely "me" :)

I finished the beading on the pansy pin pillow thingo this morning before I went to work, but I thought I won't bother posting a piccie until I've stitched it together into the actual pillow - with any luck I'll get that done some time tomorrow ...

11Comments:

Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

It looks great Anne!! The paua shell background is awesome. Enjoy your new home!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

The new look is fabulous! The colors are calm and soothing. Enjoy it!

12:28 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

That background is just stunning.

1:48 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Congrats, it's great!! I have a blue fetish as well so coming to your blog is... Aaaaahhh... Soothing and delightful! :-D

2:06 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Oooooo,aaahhhhh - I could just sink into the colors! Gorgeous, Anne!!

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! It's absolutely beautiful, Anne. They did a great job and I'm glad that it really suits you so well. :)

BTW, I suspect that I could whip out some new progress bars for you pretty quickly in Photoshop. Drop me an email if you're interested.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Rowyn said...

Wow, your new look is stunning. No wonder you are so pleased with it! :-)

8:51 AM  
Blogger cathymk said...

Your new look is lovely Anne. I love the blues very calming.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Blue - ahhhhhh - my favorite color too (as you know). Everything looks exquisite! Good job!

Carol in Pa.

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What can I say but WOW WOW WOW

It is awesome. I love the whole new look. I am sure you will have much pleasure placing your thoughts on this site. What did you do. 100% magnifico.

Anne in Manila

7:07 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Love the new look...the blue shell background is awesome!

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home