Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Finally able to post a piccie :) (updated)

It appears from the SBEBB that Paula has received her Melanie's Exchange I stitched for her, so I can post a piccie. I have to admit, I really really struggled with the choice for this one ... I was originally going to stitch a pinkeep for Paula, and had the design all mapped out, then Jo beat me to it by stitching a pinkeep for the Spring exchange (which was beautiful!), so it was back to the drawing board again (but at least I got to keep the mock run one, which you've now seen!) ... in the end I decided on a needleroll, and the design is a collaboration I made from various design sources - there are bands from Just Nan's Evening Star, Dragonfly Stitches freebie needleroll (for the blackwork 'flowers' and other bands), Indigo Rose online freebie for the Rhodes hearts, as well as another freebie online chart for inspiration for the beaded bands. The only thing is that I struggled to find some narrow ribbon to match for it, and ended up using something that I had on hand ... and I wished I'd waited to check out a few more stores before posting - but it looks OK. Here's a photo of the actual stitching, and the finished needleroll. I tried stitching our names inside the back 'flowers', but it's very teeny tiny LOL. I really enjoyed stitching it :)


I should also have another photo to share a bit later on today - I'm in the middle of stitching The Sweetheart Tree Strawberry needleroll, for our weekend needleroll SAL ... I started it last night, and slept in this morning so missed the charity walk (oops! - mind you, it turns out we were all doing it 'on our own' so it probably doesn't matter - the money is still being donated anyway) ... so I've been sitting up in bed catching up on taped TV programmes from during the week and doing a bit more stitching. I was originally going to start a Shepherd's Bush one, but I needed to stitch some calico to the sides as the fabric is quite small, and I can't stitch in hand ... the Strawberry fob was the only one basted up and ready to go :) It also means that I'm now inadvertently copying Katrina, as that's the needleroll she's planning on stitching too :) It's really pretty so far - the colours are lovely ... the DMC 816 is such a rich red, it's gorgeous! I'm about 2/3 finished, so should be able to post a piccie by the end of the day :)

I should be stitching my fob for the scissor fob exchange on StitchNZ, but I just wanted to take some 'time out' from commitment stitching and stitching something else - and the needleroll SAL is the perfect thing to a quick "me" stitch :)

(Update before day's end) And here's the final piccie for today - the finished stitching of my strawberry needleroll ... which also means I met the 24 hour challenge on the FGBB as well yippee! :D Leaves me tomorrow free for working out my scissor fob yay :)


15Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

Anne - it's gorgeous! I saw it on Paula's blog and love it. You did such a wonderful job designing it and I love the colours. And the little names too. It's really special!

By the way - are you a member of Renée's BB. There's going to be a needleroll exchange soon :)

3:04 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

It looks great Anne, you designed it perfectly and made it in a very nice needleroll.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Elanor said...

The blue needleroll is beautiful. I especially like the thread you used, what is it?
And the strawberry needleroll that just appeared is lovely, too. They create wonderful designs at the Sweetheart Tree, I wish I ouls stitch them all!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Oh oh, oh, your Needlerolls are gorgeous, Anne! :D I really love the colours in Paula's NR.

This is so inspiring... We'll be having a NR exchange on Renée's board and as a moderator I really have to stitch up a few before the exchange starts, LOL - I haven't made a single one yet! But you're sure helping :)

Hope you're enjoying your Sunday! :)

7:02 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh Anne! Those are both just absolutely beautiful! I can't believe you can just design something like that first one. That is so hard for me to even fathom. It's gorgeous. So is the Strawberry. Wow! I have a feeling that you would be copying Katrina with whichever NR you chose. LOL She has a gazillion of 'em. hehe

9:16 PM  
Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Congrats on your finishes!! Those needlerolls are both so beautiful!

12:44 AM  
Blogger Karoline said...

Both needlerolls are gorgeous, congratulations

2:07 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Both of these needlerolls are fabulous - glad you had time for stitching! Doesn't it feel good?

Have a great day!

2:45 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Anne...great needle rolls. I love the one you made as a gift for Paula. LOL I think Katrina will be getting a complex. I followed suit last time as stitched the same and her and now it's your turn. :))

2:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I nearly died when I saw the needleroll that you made on Paula's blog. It's really beautiful. I like your strawberry needleroll, as well. You do wonderful work, girlfriend!

4:42 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hi Anne, Paula's needleroll is wonderful,you clever girl putting all those bands and stitches together, great colours.

Your strawberry roll looks great too, such pretty colours huh? I've finished mine too so will have a pic up on my blog later. so whats your choice going to be for next month, lol. I might have to stitch the same!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Myrna said...

Beautiful needlerolls, Anne! Aren't they fun to stitch? I have lots of patterns for them.... I should join you all on your needleroll weekends! Let me know when they are, okay?

Hugs and Stitches...

9:23 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Anne, what fun you must have had putting all those bands together to make up that gorgeous needleroll. Congrats on meeting the 24hr challenge too!!
My boys' play is over now, so have lots of blog reading to do - always playing catch up it seems. :D

2:12 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

I love the needleroll you sent. The different bands look like they are supposed to be together.

4:09 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Hi Anne,
I have lurked on your blog for some time. However, I could not resist commenting on your exchange NR. It is gorgeous! I started looking for who created it and man I was really sad to see that it was not a pattern I could purchase!
You do really beautiful stitching.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home