Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Nearly there ... (updated)

Managed to get a reasonable amount of my Batman square stitched last night, and more tonight, so I think my deadline will easily be reached to have it in the mail on Wednesday ... I'm starting to get a bit goggle-eyed tonight, after my early shift (it's amazing how quickly you get out of the habit!!), so I don't know how much more I'll get done tonight - I was originally hoping to finish it off, but I don't think my energy levels are going to stand up to the pressure LOL.

Tomorrow after work I intend to find a button or something to finish off my biscornu, then it can get posted on Wednesday too - it feels sooooo0 good to have those commitments off my shoulders. I still feel really bad about not reading blogs, but I'm glad I made that decision, or I'd still be struggling with the first deadline! Hopefully by the end of the week, I'll be back to normal again, and my deadline stitching will be easily fitted around my normal routine :) I look forward to seeing what you've all been up to while I've been "M.I.A." :D

UPDATED!!! OK, I don't know what happened, but I got a second wind and managed to find the energy to finish my Batman logo - woohoo!! What a relief to finally get that out of the way ... I think I'll be sleeping soundly tonight! LOL. Now I just have my scissor fob exchange and mail art exchange pieces to get done ... :D

13Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great design Anne. I have designed a few things myself...its fun and soon I am going to do something for DH to celebrate his 14 years in the police (its one of those milestones...don't ask why 14 years). I have a plan to list all the stations hes worked in...that will mean a lot of backstitching. Could be interesting.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Karoline said...

Congratulations on getting on top of your obligation stitching Anne :)

8:53 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Great job on staying committed to your "obligation" stitching! The Batman logo looks great.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great finish Anne, well done.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Schokti said...

Great job, Anne! It looks fantastic!

2:15 AM  
Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

YEAH!! Congrats on the finish!

2:47 AM  
Blogger Nicole & Phil said...

hey...that looks cool! I am sure he will lvoe it!

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found that second wind, Anne. It looks fabulous and I echo an earlier sentiment that the little boy is going to be so happy to have that square on his quilt. You are so generous to donate your time and talent in this fashion. :)

Have a great rest of the week!

7:29 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

looks great Anne, well done on your finish :)

8:44 AM  
Blogger cathymk said...

Good on you Anne - Batman never looked so stitchable!!
A very cute finish. Do you ever get to see the completed quilt?

9:26 AM  
Blogger Bastet said...

Great work Anne! I know one little boy that I'm glad doesn't browse the internet or read stitching blogs. He'd be bugging me to stitch him one.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Awesome finish Anne! You are going to make some little boy really smile!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Designing can be pretty fun, huh! You did a great job, Anne. This quilt will be awesome!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home