Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

I'm still alive ...

Just haven't been in a blogging mood for the rest of the week ... and today this is just a quick post before I go sit down in front of a DVD with my stitching - my mission today is to get the majority of the stitching done on one of my exchange pieces, 'cos I realised I'm seriously running out of time - next week is a really busy one, as Fraze is coming to stay on Wed night, and I have close friends coming over on Fri morning from New Zealand to stay the night, and I'm then heading up the coast to Seaford for the rest of the weekend with a couple of girls from work. So, I'm not allowing myself to be sidetracked with anything else today ... that means, of course, I'm behind on blog reading yet again - but only by a few days, so it shouldn't be too hard to catch up ... that's my job on Monday, if I don't manage it before then.

Before I go, though, I'll quickly post my Ebay spoils piccie ... here is a HUGE display of my daylight robbery last week - I'm almost embarrassed at the price I got some of it at, although they were through businesses not individuals. The funny thing is that the business I bought the Shepherd's Bush needlerolls from (as well as all those VS charts very cheaply), is where I'd seen the SB needlerolls here in the flesh ... and in the store they were AU$42 each - ridiculous, for what's actually in the kits! Anyway, I'm very happy I could get my hands on a couple for a reasonable price, to help satiate my current needleroll obsession :) Some of the VS samplers I'll never stitch in their entirety, but I thought of using parts of them to make up needlerolls ... see, totally obsessed!! Most of the other little kits were for use in my charity stitching.


Right, off I trot to my stitching chair - I think the weather is even going to cooperate today and give us a bit of blue sky and sunshine, so I might drag my chair back into the sunlight for a while to save me having to use my daylight lamp at 10am!

I'm tossing up whether to go to the Guild tomorrow, as it's the guidance group for my favourite technique - Counted Thread ... I figure if I haven't managed to get my exchange piece finished, I could take it with me tomorrow and finish it off ... plus pop into Spotlight (sort of like Hobby Lobby, I think) which is nearby, and hopefully get the ribbon I need to finish off my pinkeep ... then I can finally post a piccie of it yippee :) Of course, I've never managed to get to any Guild guidance groups since I became a member, and it's a huge undertaking for my psychologically, due to my shyness in 'social' situations ... but we'll see if I muster up the courage or not tomorrow ...

OK, enough gabbing, off I go ... hope you all have a wonderful weekend :D

9Comments:

Blogger Mel in Dubai said...

Nice stash haul there, Anne!! I'm about to head off for my stitching chair too. I didn't consume any alcohol at the RW concert but I feel like I'm hungover - lol! Must have been all the singing and dancing and the late night. Of course getting up early to get the kids to school didn't help :)

3:46 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Great satsh haul, Anne!
Enjoy your weekend as well! :)

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent purchases Anne :)

6:38 PM  
Blogger Karoline said...

Wow that's quite a haul :) Have a great weekend.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Wow what a great stash hall! There is a Pinn pattern down in the front of the pic that the fash bounced off of. It looks interesting (to me :) ) could you take another pic of it or send me a link to where i could see it. This might have just jumped into my to do list. :) Thanks!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Anne, you got some real bargains there!!
Hope you can get to your guild meeting (of course, it's already over,lol). I felt very uneasy and out-of-place for probably the first year I belonged to the SAGA group. But I stayed with it and have learned so much!
Stitch your little heart out this weekend. :D

1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I know who to ask if I want to borrow some VS charts. LOL. You did really well with that pile - congratulations! You must be very excited to have them in your hands.

I hope you had fun stitching today. It's raining here and Terry actually suggested last night that I spend the whole day stitching, so I need to drag myself away from the computer and get back to it!

*hug*

4:14 AM  
Blogger Bine said...

WOW!!! Great stash! :-) Victoria Sampler is just great and Shepherds Bush Neeedlerolls....hmmmmm...lovely....
Have a wonderful weekend :-)

7:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice stash haul you have there.

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home