Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

2nd post today ...

Well, I did it!! I'm no longer a Guild Guidance Group Virgin!!! Yup, I bit the bullet and dragged myself along today to the Blackwork/Counted Thread group, and I'm very glad that I did. As well as other reasons, one of the ladies brought in her finished Mermaid Treasure Box (Chatelaine design) - wow, what a stunning piece, and incredible to see it in person!! There were about two ladies there similar to my own age, with the others a lot older, which is pretty standard for most Guild groups, I know - and I love listening to the older ladies discussing embroidery, as they have so much experience to share :) Anyway, I was made extremely welcome, and actually managed to get some stitching done ... managed to do a LOT of frog-stitching on my Marine Elegance piece - so I gave that up as a bad job, and put it away again.

Luckily I also took some other pieces along to stitch 'just in case', and popped across the road to Spotlight at lunchtime for some ribbon that looks OK, so I could finish my pinkeep - I just ADORE the colours of this pinkeep, and now I'm thinking of using the same design to make a needlebook or a pincushion to go with it. It's an online freebie chart by Indigo Rose that I downloaded ages ago, with some modifications of my own ... and I'm pretty pleased with it - especially since this is the first pinkeep I've ever tried to make. It's stitched with Jewel of the Nile Needle Necessities thread, which is so so scrummy :) I wasn't sure how to finish the top of the pinkeep off, so I may end up changing it a bit, but that's all I could think of while I was out ...



Aside from that, I also managed to get a bit more stitching done on my Christmas ornament RR piece - I figured I might as well try and get some more of my 'commitment' stitching pieces done so I can tick one more thing off my list for this month, and this one was nice and portable. Only one more project to go after this one, and I get to receive my leftover threads etc ... which is great, because I need the red Kreinik braid for another ornie. For once I haven't got my Christmas ornie stitched for the FGBB ... I have everything more or less kitted up ready to go, just haven't gotten around to stitching it - I think the exchange pieces have taken up every priority at the moment.

Anyway, I'm now going to sit down and do a few more stitches while I'm in the mood - I might try and get the Christmas ornie finished, so I can get back to starting my next exchange piece :) I just couldn't wait until tomorrow to post my piccies ;P

17Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im glad the guild visit turned out Ok for you. Gosh I havent been to one of those since I slunk into the Waikato Embroiderers Guild several years ago. The pinkeep is lovely.

6:54 PM  
Blogger natty68 said...

That Pinkeep is gorgeous, I love the colours. I have the colour Needle Necessities thread and its so pretty, trouble is I havent found anything that I want to use it on..but this pattern looks gorgeous with this colour.


*Hugs*

8:22 PM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Good for you Anne! They are a lovely group - I have only been to that one a couple of times, and Cynthia was so helpful in starting me off with my Blackwork project. Do you intend going on a regular basis? If so, I might get off my backside and start going again. I just needed some motivation, and seeing a hard-to-catch friend on a regular basis seems like a good reason to me!

11:38 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Congratulations on my making to your first Guild meeting :-) I adore your pinkeep - yep, the colors are amazing, and the ribbon you got at Spotlight looks just right!

1:49 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Yeah for you! Your pinkeep is gorgeous :D It's always the first step that's hard, isn't it? :)

3:47 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

I love your pinkeep too Anne, what a gorgeous colour thread, I would never have thought to change the colours on this freebie :)

7:09 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

Anne, that pinkeep is gorgeous! Such wonderful colours and you've finished it beautifully :)

And congratulations on making it to the Guild meeting too :)

9:06 AM  
Blogger Bine said...

WOW! Your pinkeep looks stunning and the finishing is perfect!!!! I love it :-) A needlebook in the same style would be gorgeous ;-)
The Christmas ornament looks nice, too, waiting for more pictures to come....... :-)))

4:28 PM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Anne, the pinkeep is beautiful. And you're right about the thread - totally scrummy.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Mel in Dubai said...

I love the pinkeep, Anne! I think you've finished it off just right :)

I was nervous about going to my first Guild meeting too - I am glad you went. My regular Thursday night Guild outings are one of the things I miss about my life here.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Kali said...

Your pin keep looks great Anne! Beautiful work on the finishing :)

1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on dragging yourself to the Guild meeting. I'm glad that it was rewarding for you. :)

Your pinkeep looks SUPER! I LOVE it! I recognize that freebie. I actually stitched it early last year (http://www.jennamagee.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=CS-2005&id=Wildflower_Hearts_Stitched) and still haven't managed to mount it in its boxtop yet. Seeing yours makes me want to stitch it again. GREAT job!

3:51 AM  
Blogger Von said...

So glad to hear that you pushed yourself to the Guild meeting!! Sharing finished projects with other stitchers who appreciate it is very motivating and a morale booster. :D
I've made a note of that wonderful floss color - thanks!!

3:54 AM  
Blogger Susimac said...

The pinkeep is gorgeous. Glad you went to your guild and enjoyed it.
Su

7:54 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Hi Anne, i just love your pinkeep. It looks absolutely beautiful.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Myrna said...

Hi Anne. Your pinkeep turned out lovely! I like the colors of yours so much better than the charted design.

Hugs and stitches...

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me of this freebie (the pinkeep), Anne!
I love what you did with it, and the color changes. I found it on Caron's website at http://www.caron-net.com/dec00files/dec00desf1.html
if anyone is interested.
Lynn in southern New Jersey USA

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home