Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Friday, June 16, 2006

No stitching yesterday

I was in a bit of a 'funk' yesterday - spent some time catching up on three of my favourite blog archives, but I couldn't really say what I did for the rest of the day - I think, though, that I got through the worst of my illness yesterday, and today I feel quite a bit better. My ears are still a bit 'funny', but my voice is coming back, and I'm not too bunged up. Saw a GP this morning and we agree I didn't need antibiotics just yet, so we're going to see if I can kick it in the butt naturally over the next couple of days - if not, we'll take more action. So, I now have the next three days off yippee, so plenty of time to get over these nasty bugs :)

I was just in the middle of reading Jenna's archives, and came across details about the Stitcher's Meme blog ... I think that's going to be a great thing to fill in the gaps when I don't have any stitching progress to report - and it's fun to read everyone's answers. I love all the different memes - it makes things much more personal, and you get to find out so much about people. Anyway, I decided seeing as I'm going to try to get back into blogging more often again, this would be a good way to help start ... by using some of the 'archive' questions each day, as well as answering the current ones ... and seeing as I don't have any stitching progress today, here's my opportunity to start the ball rolling with the June memes ...
Floss Storage meme:
1. How do you store your floss?
2. Do you keep a complete set of DMC?
3. Do you buy new floss to "kit" up new projects or do you use out of a master set?


1. In floss-away bags - I've tried just about every storage method, including bobbins, stitchbows, and plastic sleeves in ringbinders, and bags definitely work the best for me so far.
2. Yes, I have the complete set of DMC.
3. I use what I have on hand, and only replace when I run out. A lot of colours I have duplicates of, so I'll only buy extras when I have a large project such as a Mirabilia, and I know I need multiple skeins of one colour.

Monthly goals:
1. How did you go with your May goals?
2. What are your June goals?
I don't tend to make monthly goals, but perhaps if I did it would help me to get a few more things done, as it would help me to focus. So, even though it's halfway through June, perhaps I'll start and give it a try ...

My June goals are:

  • Kit up my racing car charity quilt square
  • Ducks RR stitched up ready for posting on 1 July
  • Start Bordeaux Mystery Sampler SAL with Carol
  • Re-start my rotation again
And the last question from May:


1. Do you have an online gallery somewhere with your cross-stitch?
2. How often do you take WIP pics?
3. Do you ever spend time looking at other stitcher's galleries? If so how often do you look at them?

1. Yes, I have a Webshots album here (there's also a link in my sidebar).
2. I take WIP pics regularly - usually at the end of each stitching day if I'm blogging about it, otherwise I just wait until it's finished (eg for exchanges, as I'm not posting progress piccies anywhere).
3. Yes, I enjoy looking at other stitchers online albums - it gives me great inspiration to see others finished works, and their WIP's ... I love to see other stitchers work :)

1Comments:

Blogger Chiara said...

Hi Anne,
I have lost my voice in those days too...I hope It will came back soon :o) I agree with you..this question are perfect to fill the gap when we have no stitching progress!!! I think I'll follow your example!!
Have a nice week end!!

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home