Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

I have the power!!

Well, actually I have the "heat"! Woohoo!! My landlord has just been in - I now have the vent reinstalled in the toilet ceiling, and the ducted heating has been re-lit. He's very impressed with my tenancy, and has said it's OK to add a couple of picture hooks in the lounge ... AND it's OK for me to have a cat!! Now I have to make the decision whether to go ahead or not ... it would be so lovely to have the company - I really miss having a cat around, as I adored Rio, but I also have to weigh up the extra costs etc too. He's also asked me if I intend staying here long term, as he's thinking of getting rid of the real estate agent, and I can deal with him directly - which is fine by me, as the landlord seems really nice, and very fair and easy to deal with. I have his email addy and mobile number so it's easy to contact him, and he only lives just around the corner, so it's very handy. He's most impressed that I'm putting up curtains too haha.

So, that's all my news from this morning - not very exciting to anyone but me, but I'm rapt! Now I'm off to The Warehouse to check out cheapo glasses, if they have them - and tonight I'm off to a Hotline team dinner at The Curry Club in Richmond ... which will be fun :)

11Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

Hooray for heat and picture hooks but really hooray for the cat! I think you should get one - they don't cost too much to feed and if he or she is an indoor cat you wouldn't have to worry about flea treatment and worming tablets. That just leaves checkups, which are expensive. But I'm sure there are animals hospitals that do treatments cheaply and it's only once a year. Think of the company and benefits you'd get :)

12:58 PM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

So good to hear that you have heat again! Glad your flat arrangement is working out!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Well now - congratulations on the heat!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Rowyn said...

Yay for heat and for being allowed a cat!!! :0) I agree with Nicki that cats are cheap to 'run' LOL. The vet bills can sting you a little bit, but you could always set a little money aside each payday so you have enough when the time comes for the annual vaccination or unexpected emergency so you are not stretched. But wise to think it through thoroughly since cats are for life, not just for Xmas. Tee hee.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Running Kiwi said...

That's great news Anne! Sorry I haven't been commenting much ... been reading lots, just never seem to do the commenting well ;)

Enjoy your warmth :)

6:20 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Good luck with your glasses. I hope you find a suitable pair.

Your landlord sounds great. Glad to hear you have approval for a kitty. :)

10:38 PM  
Blogger Karoline said...

Sounds like you have a good landlord there, congratulations on getting you heating back

11:50 PM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Glad to hear you have a landlord whose so easy to deal with.

Go ahead and get the cat! Its so worth that little bit of money!

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! It's about time you had some heat in there. :) I'm glad that you'll be more comfortable now. Let us know what you decide about acquiring a feline companion. I do so wish I wasn't allergic; I miss my cats from when I was younger.

1:30 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

Yay for heat! I know that must feel so much better.

Getting a pet is a big decision. I wouldn't trade our 3 for anything but we are having a hard time finding someone to watch them while we come to Australia. :( And boarding is so outrageous for 3. Weigh out your pros and cons. (I think that there are more pros:))

:)

7:23 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Oh sweetie - I know your rapture! It's just that mine is over the new central a/c system - blessed cool air. :D

I wonder what you'll decide about the kitty. I do enjoy ours, but he is quite independent and doesn't ask for lots of attention, except when he wants outside. Living alone as you do, a kitty would be nice to come home to - could be just what you need.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home