Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Stitching Meme

Seeing as I still don't have progress to post (and probably won't for quite a few days yet, as I'm going to concentrate on catching up on my blogs this week), here's another archival stitching meme:

1. Do you enjoy backstitching?

2. Do you do it as you go or at the very end?

3. Does the amount of backstitching in a project influence your decision to stitch a pattern?

1. I don't mind backstitching - I like the fact that it brings a piece to life in many cases ... I wouldn't say it's my 'favourite' thing to do, but it doesn't really worry me too much.

2. Depending on the design, and the way I feel at the time - sometimes I'll backstitch as I go, and sometimes I'll leave it until the end ... it really does depend on my mood on the day.

3. Backstitching would never influence my choice of design - if I love the design, but it has 20 million backstitches in it, I'd still stitch it ... likewise, if it has no backstitching at all, I'd stitch it - backstitching is just 'part of the package' and no influence whatsoever.

2Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've often wondered why people don't like backstitching. It has never bothered me. Like you said, it brings a piece to life.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Lelia said...

Good answer. BSing just gets boring. When it is needed I will add it - the accents make the project.

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home