Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Decision getting easier

I kept changing my mind all the way into work yesterday - on one stretch of road I was imagining sharing with Sheree and all was good, then on the next stretch I was loving my own space ... I have to admit, my gut was telling me I'm not ready to move yet before I actually left home, and when I got to work Sheree didn't even bring the topic up throughout the whole time. She has two weeks left before she has to move out, so I guess her needs are greater, as I've already said I won't break my lease for it, and have two months left before my lease is up. So, to some extent, that made the decision for me - I'm staying where I am for now, in my beautiful and idyll location (if less than idyll flat LOL) ... but I'm going to start getting "home alerts" via email with new flats as they come up so I can keep an eye on the market if something better comes up back in Box Hill/Doncaster that's cheaper but still good quality accommodation, and we'll see what happens. It means that way I can start getting the bond money etc together and putting it to one side 'just in case' - but in the meantime I'm going to continue enjoying my time here :) That was definitely an interesting exercise to go through though ...

Today I start my overnight shifts, from 9pm to 5am so I'll be less than sociable for a couple of days haha. Tonight I get my hair cut before work, though, and I can't wait!! My hairdresser got married and took a month off work, so I had to wait for just over 8 weeks to get my hair cut again - it was due for a cut while I was in NZ - last week, the day before my hair was being cut, I find out she's resigned and I don't have a hairdresser anymore - would have been nice to know it was happening, as I could have got my old Auckland stylist to cut it hmmm. So now I'm getting another hairdresser in the same salon in Box Hill to cut it - I hate new hairdressers, it's so hard to find a good one ... it took me over a year to find Fiona hmmm. Oh well, it means I have about 1 1/2 hours to kill before I start work at 9pm, so I can have some dinner at Box Hill at one of my fave restaurants yippee ... see, there's always a silver lining! :D

Rightio, I'm heading off to stitch like crazy to get my RR ducks worked on ... that deadline is soooooo close - better get cracking!!

Thanks for all your comments of support - they're much appreciated! :D

5Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

So glad you've made a decsion that you're happy with. It sounds like a good one to me. :)

Good luck with the hair - I have to say mine hasn't been cut in a hairdressers for almost three years. I hate them! But with my mop who can tell?!

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, that was an interesting exercise for you to go through. It helps to affirm that you want to be where you are right now. Nowhere's perfect. :)

12:29 PM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Glad you've reached a decision that you are happy with - its good that you had the time to think it through and weigh your options.

I noticed that a few posts back you had quite a good time enhancing your stash!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Anne - where do you go in Box Hill - I need another hairdresser too...

12:49 PM  
Blogger Tobie said...

Hi Anne!! Oh, I can definitely relate to the frustration of finding a good hairdresser. It took me 8 years to find the perfect one, who I went to for 3 years and then we moved. I miss her more than anything from our old town.
Your recent stash enhancement is awesome!! Did you allow yourself to start any of them yet?? I just had my 'coffee menu' framed, it's one of my fav. finishes.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home