Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

"They're baaaaack!!!"

No, it's not yet another re-run of Poltergeist ... but the return of the Dratteds :D I felt absolutely miserable and sorry for myself today, so I cheered myself up with starting my rotation again - I didn't think I'd ever say the Dratteds would bring me so much joy, but it was definitely what the doctor ordered. I sat all day with my bung knee, bunged up and intermittently dripping nose, and heavy eyes due to lack of sleep (add to that a certain monthly visitor showing its head today hmmm) and stitched my little heart out ... and I enjoyed every minute of it. My eyes are now like little squints, but fingers crossed I'll sleep better tonight.

I can't believe how long it's been since I worked on the Dratteds (and any of my rotation, for that matter) - it was December last year since they saw daylight ... so I've decided to do a 'before and after' shot to see the progress :) Basically the entire left hand side is now 100% finished yippee. I'd dearly love to see them finished before year end, even if none of my other goals are met ... hopefully it will happen ... As they say in Arabic, "imshallah" (God willing) :)
Before

After

15Comments:

Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

The Dratteds are looking great! You made wonderful progress. Hope you are feeling better soon!

12:07 AM  
Blogger Elanor said...

Wow, I'm impressed by your progress of the day and they are looking really great! I hope you'll get better soon...

1:15 AM  
Blogger Sylvie said...

Amazing progress! Congrats :)

1:22 AM  
Blogger Schokti said...

Wow, Anne, they are looking great! Very realistic!

1:40 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Your progress is amazing. All of that in one day! I wish I was that quick. :) They look amazing.

2:09 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

You have done some nice progress there. I have stitched this one and it took me ages to finish them. Started in 2000 and finished in 2004. You can see a pic here, maybe it will inspire you some more http://community.webshots.com/photo/372344395/1372346183030878556pVAsoB

3:11 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Now that's what I call progress! WOW!! Feel better soon.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Wow! you made great progress! They look great. Hope you feel better soon.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

wow, you stitched a lot! That's a huge amount of progress :)

9:43 AM  
Blogger Bastet said...

You've made excellant progress! Though a bit horrid that it had to be under such dire circumstances. Get well soon. And you tell that cardinal he's not welcome and to bugger off.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Shelleen said...

your progress is great. I hope that you are feeling better soon.

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohooo! Congrats on the great progress, Anne! I hope you got a good night's sleep. :)

7:34 AM  
Blogger Rowyn said...

Wow, your dratteds look awesome. I can't wait to see this one finished (you too no doubt LOL).

3:34 PM  
Blogger Nicole & Phil said...

These dolphins are slowly emerging! you are making great progress Anne!
I am worried about all that stash you are buying.....lol
when are you going to stitch all those?? ;)

5:05 PM  
Blogger Lana said...

I am so proud of you for bringing them out of hybernation, and we all thought that only bears and the like hybernate, but nope, in Annes world...so do dolphins!!! =) It is looking GREAT!!!! Keep it up!
~Lana~
sorry to hear you've been sick and hurt your knee!

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home