Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Friday, June 16, 2006

SBQ ... part two (3rd post today!)

OK, 2nd time lucky for my stitching nest piccies ...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The second request comes from Singular Stitches, and she is asking for "a pictorial tour of [the] special place that you go to create your wonderful stitched creations."
The first piccie is my permanent stitching area - only a few of my stitching folders are in the bookcase, with the rest of my stash in my bedroom closet, and spare bedroom (still unpacked since I freighted it over at the start of the month). The plastic tub holds my DMC collection, with my stitching tools etc in the basket. My essential tools are there - my floorstand and my OTTlite ... as well as my cuddle blanket for my legs now the colder weather is here. Then I have a couple of WIP's tucked in the corner on scroll bars, and my latest addition, a bin to hold my empty scrollbars (they won't be empty for long once I get back to my rotation!). Lucky last is my little folding table with other essentials ... my ort-bag from Toby, highlighter pens, Tacky Bob from Carol, tub of udder cream and wet facecloth for my hands. The great thing about living on my own is that I can have everything cluttered in the lounge without annoying anyone haha. (You should be able to click on each piccie for the up close and personal versions ...)

Straight ahead of me is the other essential tool for stitching - my TV for watching DVD's LOL. As you can see, one cover is missing from the furniture, as it's still in NZ (I forgot to bring it home with me oops). My next spending when I have the money will be a new lounge suite and table - although, our $150 garage sale lounge suite has tided us over very well, and the sofa bed is very very comfy (shame the sofa itself isn't the same!) - and I'm using the table that Frazier made at high school in woodwork class (his Dad sold it to me for $20 hmmm). As you can see, at the moment that little table is housing my basket of smalls.

From where I sit, off to the left is my little nest of tables, where my Melanie's exchange from Jenna is currently residing happily :) It's joined with a 'seed' picture I gave Grandy a few years before she passed away, so it's now back with me again. I brought it back with me from NZ, so it will always remind me of her when I see it. I had a bit of difficulty getting it through Customs - but once I told them it was of sentimental value, and why, they let me through with it without any further problems - go Customs guys!! :D My poor sunflowers have seen better days, but I haven't found any nice ones to replace them with yet.

Behind my stitching chair is my dining/balcony area - when it's a nice day, I can pull my stitching chair right back in front of the windows to make the most of the daylight - but it's usually where my laundry ends up drying every week ;) You can see my new 'short' curtains :) The colour's really dark, though - the blue is a bit brighter than it looks. My computer desk sits here, directly off to the left of the photo - my chair is basically where I was standing to take the piccie ... I get to look out the window and enjoy the view :)

Lucky last, this is the view as you look back from my stitching chair ... back to the dining table and the kitchen. See, I wasn't joking when I said you'd get to see half of my entire flat!! The only thing you can't see is the two bedrooms, the bathroom/laundry and toilet haha. As you can see throughout my piccies my theme of "blue" is definitely very present ... and you have probably spotted the odd duck or two around as well LOL.

So, that's it in a nutshell ... end of tour :D

11Comments:

Blogger Rowyn said...

I see ducks :-) LOL... too cute. Thanks for the tour of your stitchy area.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I saw ducks and plenty of blue LOL Nice to see your stitching area.

Maybe I'll take a photo of mine, when I've tidied up of course.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Thanks for the tour! The blues are so serene looking.

12:20 AM  
Blogger Elanor said...

Blue is definitely your colour! Your flat may be small but is has personnality (and everything needed to stich and sew) and I really like the wood colours of your table and chairs.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Susimac said...

Loved your pictures, I like to see where people sit and stitch, Your blue flat is wonderful.

1:19 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Blue indeed! :) It looks very cozy. Cute duckies on your sofa.

3:09 AM  
Blogger Von said...

You have a very comfy stitching chair and surroundings, Anne. Gotta love all the blue and the duckies! :D

3:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the picture towards the TV up and the first thing Terry said was "Someone like ducks." Indeed! :D Thanks for all of the wonderful piccies. I can't believe Blogger let you upload them all!

3:35 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Nice place! I always love seeing where everyone calls home. :) I think we all have our "things" we collect. I collect Halloween related items, so much so that I often forget what time of year it is. ;)

5:11 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Cool tour :-) I think I could be very comfy in your flat :-)

7:46 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Blue is my color too! I just added mini-glass tiles to two walls in my kitchen. Is that what I am seeing in your kitchen?

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home