Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Friday, June 16, 2006

SBQ ... part one

Well, I still haven't picked up a needle today, but I've done really exciting things like scrubbing the toilet and unpotting 3 of my dead plants out on the balcony, and getting a load of washing done - after all that excitement I think I need a lie down ;P

I also finally managed to get a host of photos taken to show my 'stitching nest' ... of course by doing that, you get to see half of my entire flat! LOL. So, here goes for the SBQ's: (actually, it seems that Blogger is only being half accommodating tonight - it's amazingly let me upload six stitching piccies, but no stitching NEST piccies, so I'll try again in a separate post for them ...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The first request comes from Vash who is requesting pictures of
the back of your stitching … are you brave enough to give this one a shot?

Here's the front and back of one of my very first XS attempts years ago ... um, things have improved just slightly since then ;P The Tiger design is by Ross Originals.

Here's the front (on the left) and back (on the right) of one corner of my Chess Anyone piece ... if you think they look similar, you're right, as it's stitched using reversible blackwork ;P

And my final ones - my Prairie Schooler ornament, and my Zebra (aka my Giraffe LOL).

3Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've never tried reversable blackwork, is it hard to do?

10:14 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Hey, no fair, Anne!! Lol! Using reversible blackwork as an example of the back of your stitching just isn't right. :D
But the backsides of your other stitching pieces looks almost as good as the front. We all know you do excellent stitching!

3:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at those backs! Even the tiger looks good. And the reversible blackwork is incredible. LOVE IT! :)

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home