Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Needleroll exchange

Just a quick post before I head to work, as my needleroll exchange (on the Robin's Nest BB) has been received by Nicki ... as soon as I received Nicki's name, I decided I now had two redwork exchanges to do, as I know Nicki loves red ;) And I also knew I wanted to have something about cats on it ... after trawling my stitching stash, and a couple of online freebies, I sat down at the computer and cranked open the XS designing software, and came up with the following needleroll.

It's a combination of loads of different bits and pieces - the top band came from a Just Nan chart "A Summer's Day", the little fish bone skeletons I designed myself, and just used a row of herringbone stitches next. The band above and below the cat band is from the "Peace needleroll ornament" by Jeannette Douglas Designs. The blackwork cats are from Just Nan's "Catnip Tea", the blackwork fishies are from an online freebie by Kristine Herber, and the row of watery waves are from "Summer at the Ocean" needleroll by Jeannette Douglas Designs. I'd worked 4 different versions online before I finally decided on this final one, and I was really really pleased with the result - and I'm glad to hear Nicki likes it :D It was stitched on 32ct Maritime by Lakeside Linens.

31Comments:

Blogger Chelle said...

Anne you did a fantastic job with this needleroll! Kudos! Lucky Nicki.

10:15 AM  
Blogger msstitch01 said...

Anne your needleroll looks fantastic. I would love this design to add to my stash of needleroll patterns......

11:38 AM  
Blogger Myrna said...

Very clever!! I love the way this turned out...

Hope you are having a good week...

12:13 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hi Anne, you're a clver cookie aren't you? Nicki will have been thrilled with this needleroll. Good one!

PS.this time in 2 weeks I'll be about to catch my aussie flight, yippee!!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Awesome job,Anne!! It must give you an extra measure of satisfaction that you designed the piece - an Anne original! :D

1:34 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I just saw your needleroll on Nicki's blog - just amazing Anne!! She is bowled over :-)

2:03 PM  
Blogger CindyMae said...

Beautiful needleroll! You done a fantastic job on it!!!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Chiara said...

Great work Anne!!! It's lovely!!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Sylvie said...

Wow, that's a beautiful one!

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous!!

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne, I just love how you compiled all those different designs into one beautiful design. Congratulations!! It's wonderful and purfect for Nicki!

(Cathymk - blogger won't let me post comments anymore unless I'm annon)

8:05 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

That needleroll is gorgeous and truly unique!! How clever! And now I know the quality of your stitching as I have the honour of having one of your needlerolls at home - so I just know how gobsmacked Nicki must have felt!! Thanks again for your wonderful package :)

9:14 PM  
Blogger Shelleen said...

you did an awesome job on designing the needleroll. it is just beautiful.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Great job Anne. A very unique needle roll.
Take care.

1:30 AM  
Blogger Karoline said...

Its a gorgeous needleroll, congratulations Anne

1:39 AM  
Blogger Rachel V said...

I think creativity and originality make for the best projects sometimes- you did a great job!!

3:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is oh so lovely a needleroll. Great job!! Michelle-ozark crafter

3:48 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

That turned out great! Love the red and the clever design! :D

5:43 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

I adore it! So clever. And great to know where all the bits came from. I need to look at those Jeanette Douglas patterns more closely :) As Cathy said - it's Purfect!

And I love all the gifts too - thank you so much again. I woke up thinking about it all this morning! :)

7:13 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

I adore it! So clever. And great to know where all the bits came from. I need to look at those Jeanette Douglas patterns more closely :) As Cathy said - it's Purfect!

And I love all the gifts too - thank you so much again. I woke up thinking about it all this morning! :)

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, just WOW !

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an amazing needleroll. You did an great job designing and stitching it:)

Leslie/zoeandcooper

10:30 AM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

It's beautiful - I'm jealous of Nikki! I'd love to have one of your gorgeous creations in my collection, but I'm not clever enough to do one as an exchange :-(

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your ability to compile these gorgeous needleroll designs floors me! Wonderful, wonderful work!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Gorgeous!!! What a stunning needleroll!

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fantastic needleroll Anne, I love it :)

3:38 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Oh, this is just stunning!! And SO perfect for Nikki! You're incredible!!!

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow very clever and very gorgeous :)

Nikki will love it!

Rava
http://ravasrambling.blogspot.com/

10:04 PM  
Blogger Meari said...

What a beautiful finish!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Tried to post a comment on this when you posted it, but no luck. Blogger was being persnickety. You did an amazing job on this - it is just too cute and perfect for Nicki!

5:47 AM  
Blogger Susimac said...

You are clever designing this yourself - its really lovely. Well done

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home