Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Gobsmacked by Kindness

My apologies for not posting for a wee while, or for reading blogs, but I haven't been spending much time online for the last week due to other commitments. I was supposed to be in bed 20 minutes ago, as I'm on 6am starts this week (and boy oh boy am I feeling it hmmm), but I wanted to post about some wonderful mail I've received after I got home from Hong Kong ... unfortunately I had a major brain meltdown and forgot about posting about it - I picked it up from the PO Box and was very touched when I opened the envelope and saw all the goodies inside, but then got really sick on the way home and ended up spending the rest of the night laying down ... then the parcel got moved by Mum and it didn't jog a reminder. So, a huge apology to dear sweet Cathy, who not only sent me a piece of lining fabric for the Bee's Garden chart (by Wendy KC Designs), but also a pile of DMC threads and a gorgeous chart by Glory Bee called Priceless - I knew the fabric was on its way, but the rest of the goodies were a total surprise ... thanks from the bottom of my heart Cathy - you're a total sweetheart, and I love everything! :D

I also have one more parcel to post about, but I'll leave that until tomorrow, so I can drag out sharing my wonderful spoils over two days ... but what a lucky girl I've been! :D

I also had a wonderful visit from Gina and Sharon on Saturday, that I'll post about tomorrow as well ... unfortunately I only had about 5 hours sleep on Sunday, and 6-7 hours last night, with the same happening tonight, so I really must get to bed now.

14Comments:

Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

That was sweet of Cathy. She sent me some of the same fabric (and the Bee's Garden chart) in an exchange.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

How nice of Cathy! I am in the same boat as you... I got this magnificent parcel on Saturday from a certain Kiwi in Australia... just need to find time to post about it and thank her properly ;-) You are the bestest!! {{{Hugs}}} I am hoping to work on Bordeaux Sampler sometime this week (at work) now that the dreaded review is over! I can't wait!! I am sure I won't get much done though.

12:13 AM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Aren't stitchers just the nicest people??? What a lovely package! :o)

12:14 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

What a great package from Cathy. That's a cool piece of bee fabric. Enjoy your goodies.
Take care. x

1:36 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

What a lovely, lovely package!! Take care, Anne :)

4:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I'm glad that you received such a treat. :)

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I'm glad that you received such a treat. :)

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for the extra comments. Blogger is acting up today.

5:12 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Isn't it amazing how life just runs away with us sometimes!

Cathy is such a sweetheart. :D

8:23 AM  
Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Cathy was so sweet! That is an adorable pattern and a lovely fabbie.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the fabric! and what a lovely thing to do.

Cant wait to see a pic of your other package!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Glad it arrived safely!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

What a wonderful act of kindness! Huggers

2:00 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

That was very sweet! Enjoy!

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home