Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Needleroll SAL weekend (updated)

I have to admit that I've only been stitching my chosen needleroll since about 10pm last night, but I've been stitching all day today, and managed to almost finish the entire thing ... I've just hit the wall a bit now, so taking a break, and unsure whether I'll get it finished tonight. I'm stitching Summer at the Ocean by Jeannette Douglas Designs - I've been itching to stitch this design ever since I first saw it about 12 months ago ... and I can finally say I've reached that goal ... well, "almost" reached that goal anyway! ;) I just have to do the over-one words (my favourite ... NOT!), the rest of the 'ship's wheels' band, followed by all the beading. My favourite bands are the swirly 'shells' (3rd band down), and the pinwheels - it's been fun stitching something that's not XS for a change :)

Tomorrow I'll make a start on the Lavender Rose Sewing Case, as well as doing some work on Vash's RR ... and I need to get to the Post Office, as I haven't cleared my mail for nearly two weeks now (we went out there on Saturday morning, but it turns out they're not open on Saturdays anymore, and I'd left my PO Box key at home ... what a blonde!!). I have a couple of things to get in the post tomorrow, so that'll be something else we can tick off the to-do list for the week :)

(Update ...) I decided to go back to my needleroll after a short break, and managed to put the final stitches into it tonight. I might even get around to actually "finishing" some soon ... maybe ;) Anyway, here's the final version of the stitching before being finished into an actual needleroll.

Summer at the Ocean
by Jeannette Douglas Designs
Stitched on 32ct Blue Ice hand-dyed linen by Country Stitch

15Comments:

Blogger Karoline said...

Your needleroll is gorgeous Anne, congratulations

10:38 PM  
Blogger Shelleen said...

the needleroll is really pretty, congrats on the finish.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Very nice! I haven't seen this design before, but it looks like it would be fun to stitch :)

11:20 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

It's so pretty, I love the flosses. Congrats!

6:28 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Love your needleroll, its so cool -a great choice. I'm a bit unpartial to the over 1 stitching too, hee hee. I almost finished my one last night - just a few beads to add and the charm which I'll do later, and then will post a pic. have a great week, (and hope your tummy settles down soon too)

7:09 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Very nice! I think that is a land speed record!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Andie said...

oooohhhh thats Lovely Anne!! It sounds like you had a great holiday :)

*smiles*

Andie

7:37 AM  
Blogger Karin said...

It's lovely! You're making great progress on it too.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

You've been busy Anne! This is a very cute!

10:50 AM  
Blogger msstitch01 said...

The needleroll looks great Anne. Can't wait to see it stitched up....

4:59 PM  
Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

What a pretty needleroll. I love all the specialty stitches and the colors:) The dragon looks great too. Perfect match with all your trip pics!

12:28 AM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Oooh your needleroll looks fantastic! I love Jeanntte's stuff she really chanllenges you sometimes!

1:53 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

What a pretty needleroll! congrats on completing!

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great needleroll, with all of those different stitches. What fun!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Anne this needleroll is fantastic! I love it! It looks like a fun design to stitch.

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home