Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Psychedelia is back ...

Yup, my canvaswork stitching has just got even more psychedelic - oh boy, those colours are bright!! The photo is very poor again, as it's taken without the flash, just under my ott-lite ... I'll wait until it's finished, then I'll try taking a daylight shot to get the colours and stitches nice and crisp. I've managed to get a wee bit done tonight, to keep my awake after my 6am start this morning ... Mum arrives tomorrow, but I'm hoping I'll get more chance to finish my rotation slot for this piece before we go to 'Honkers' :)

This piece is definitely interesting with the threads used - there is Colour Streams silk (the variegated thread), pearl cotton #5, DMC metallics, rayons and cotton floss (all with 6 strands used of each) ... the rayon is a challenge, that's for sure!! There is a wonderful sheen that isn't evident in the photo :)

6Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Anne, this is so pretty and so unusual! I just love it! Where do you get these great designs?

3:36 AM  
Blogger Andie said...

Anne that is gorgeous! So lovely and bright! And you got a lot done whilst "keeping yourself awake" :)

*smiles*

Andie

4:34 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Wow, this design is great! I looked at the finished picture in your progress bar and what a stunning piece that will be.
Have a wonderful time in Hong-Kong :D

5:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are really moving along on this one. I can tell that you are enjoying it! :)

10:10 AM  
Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

That is a great design...I love all the bright colors. I agree with you about the rayon being a pain.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Rayon floss is indeed a challenge! I've done a little Brazilian embroidery with it and it's almost like learning to use a needle and thread all over again. The stuff definitely has a mind of it's own!

Great design and stitching, Anne! :D

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home