Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Over the hump ... almost

Today is day 4 of my working week - and with any luck I'll be allowed to take Friday off as an optional RDO (rostered day off) ... if that's the case, then I'm officially sitting on the 2/3 mark of my week ... if not, I still have 3 days left. Saturday I'm heading off with a lady from work to Gippsland Art Gallery in Sale (about 3 hours drive away from Melbourne) to visit the Annemieke Mien Exhibition. This is exciting for two reasons - 1) I've never been to Gippsland before, and 2) Annemieke Mein's work is absolutely stunning, and it will be fantastic to see it first-hand. I'll take my camera with me just in case we're allowed to take photos :) Here are some links to her works: here and here (this is the exhibit I'm going to) :D

Another quiet night tonight, but I feel really relaxed - on the 9am-5pm shifts the traffic to and from work is horrific ... with no traffic it's a 20 minute drive, but on this shift it can be 1 whole hour - I got so fed up and uptight in the traffic yesterday that I decided to leave the car at home today, and walked to the train station to take the train to work ... how wonderful, I arrived at work totally unstressed, and feel the same way after coming home - I think it's going to be a permanent arrangement on this shift yippee! (It also means I have to get my fat bottom in motion and get a bit of walking in to and from the station, so yet another positive! haha)

Today more stash arrived in my mailbox - my subscription to the Australian Inspirations magazine from Country Bumpkin (actually, my subscription must be due to expire soon hmmm) ... this month has a lovely surface stitchery bag on the cover - I probably wouldn't have the patience to stitch it myself, but it's absolutely gorgeous! :D And not just that today, but my magazine arrived complements of KarenV from the UK, with the Margaret Sherry booklet I wanted - including the 12 days of Christmas charts. But there was an added treat, with some gorgeous Egyptian designs in the magazine as well - a definite added bonus! Thanks again Karen, for helping me out - your blood is worth bottling!! {{huge hugs}}

Now I'm off to do a spot of stitching for an hour before I hit the hay for the night - seeing as I didn't get chance to get any of the Bordeaux Sampler done last week, I want to get an hour each night for the next 3 nights so I can post a progress piccie on Friday for my SAL with Carol :)

3Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

AnneS, you wonderful woman, you!! The postman has made me so happy by bringing your wonderful birthday gifts! I love it - all of it!!!

Good luck getting your day off. And enjoy the exhibit!!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hi Anne, hope you enjoy the exhibition, it sounds very interesting. Aren't those Inspiration magazines lovely - I don't think I've ever done any of the lovely projects from them but you can always drool, lol.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Von said...

I love to treat myself to an Inspirations every now and then! Sure to give you sweet dreams if read before bed. :D

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home