Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Friday, July 07, 2006

The pressure's on! (Updated)

I nearly wrote "the heat is on" as my title, but that was too close to yesterday's happy post ;) The fact is I was getting very organised yesterday and getting my rotation in order, to set up the new few upcoming rotation slots, making sure everything was all kitted up and ready to go ... when I spied something at the top of my list ... Racing Cars charity block due for mailing 15 July ... my little mouse rushed off to the corner of my screen to see the date ... aaarghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! So last night I went into total panic mode - today was my final catch-up day for the last 5 blogs outstanding, but they're going to have to wait a couple of days again now ... in fact all blog reading is back on the backburner again for a few days - seeing as I hadn't started this project yet, and it's got a LOT of stitching in it (I've had to cut a few things out just to get it to fit on the fabric hmmm), so as it is I'm going to be struggling to get this one finished ready for post ...

So, with no more ado, I'm off to pick up a needle, as I'm going to try for a full 8-10 hours stitching on it today yikes! Then I have a dragon one due on 15 August, so I'd better start doing some stitching on that too afterwards so I'm not in the same predicament next month!

Here's my progress for 3 hours yesterday - which is why I'm panicking ... this is only about 1/8 of the total stitching for this block, with loads of backstitching (excuse the crappy photo, as it's not in focus - but I figure there's no point taking another one, as there's not much to see yet! LOL). OK, enough yapping ... off to my stitching corner I go!

(Updated) Well, I managed to stitch for a solid total of 11 1/2 hours today ... and oh boy am I feeling it now! But I managed to get almost one of the cars finished. I wish I took more time to think about the project yesterday - if I was really clever, I would have just used one of the cars, and added a chequered flag border to fill it out ... I thought about that when I was about 1/3 through the first car - a bit late by then! Would have made the deadline a lot easier though. Oh well, c'est la vie ... here's my progress to date anyway - I'm back at work tomorrow and not on great stitching hours, so there probably won't be much progress over the next couple of days. Thanks for your supportive comments ... it's much appreciated :)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

12Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

You can do it :) Don't panic!

Have you thought about putting the dates on your blog where they hit you in the face every time you blog? It works for me - it's the only thing that keeps me remotely in control :) LOL!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Oooo, I hate when I forget about deadlines! I have every confidence you'll complete the task in time, tho, Anne! Go to it. :D

3:53 PM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Best of luck Ann you can get it done!!!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Best of luck to you Anne. I'm sure you can do it in plenty of time though.

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you hate when things sneak up on you like that? I have the same issue and it's going to cause me to stitch my little tooshie off this weekend in order to finish it completely within a week. Looks like you are zooming through this one (no pun intended), though!

1:25 AM  
Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Sending tons of encouragement your way, Anne. I had that same feeling with my Friendship exchange last month!

5:44 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Wow, your needle is really smokin'! LOL What a great amount of progress you did in such a short time. Great work, I'm sure you will make the deadline, I'm rooting for you! :D

6:43 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Oh my goodness! Anne is stitching a NASCAR car!! Neat! Of course, car #1 is not a Pennzoil car right now, so I am busily tryng to figure out which driver drove the #1 Pennzoil car at one time... NASCAR is big in my little world! LOL!!! I hope to marry Ryan Newman (car #12) some day - do you think Mike would mind??

6:54 AM  
Blogger Bastet said...

Yikes! Hate those forgotten deadlines and the mad rush to get them done. Good luck!

Carol... I know Steve Park drove the Pennzoil car many years ago, not sure who too over.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Nice start, Anne. Goodluck with with stitching. I am sure you can do it in time.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Running Kiwi said...

Woohooo ... that needle must have been smokin'! ... it looks great ... good luck with meeting the deadline.

... and can I just say I am absolutely green with envy that you get to stitch 11hrs in one day! LOL

7:48 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Looks like you're doing a great job - keep it up girl!

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home