Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Bordeaux Sampler

I'm supposed to post my update piccie on Fridays, along with Carol, but I've decided to cheat and put it up a day early, as I may be busy tomorrow. I managed to get a good night's stitching (4 whole hours) into this last night, and I just have the over-one lettering and bottom band plus the rhodes grapes in the side borders to do, then part one is all finished yippee! :D I'm soooooo tempted to sit and do some more tonight, which would probably see part one finished, but I'm going to resist the temptation. For our SAL I said I'd stitch for one day/night or a total of 3 hours each week, depending what my shifts were like, so I guess I've already stitched my quota on it for this week ... I have to admit, though, I really enjoyed stitching on it and I'm looking forward to finishing part one next week some time :D (mind you, I'm not a huge fan of over-one stitching, so that lettering band might be slow going).


I also have more stash to report - this is yet again from an order that was made a number of weeks ago, in a 30-75% off sale from Margaret Lee's website ... I never had confirmation of the final cost, or that the order was complete, so I totally forgot all about it ... I was surprised to come home to a LARGE box with a postage cost of US$29 (ahem!!), just for a few charts, fabric and two pairs of scrollbar side frames - there was a long piece of 'plastic bag' stuff filled with air to fill out the box ... would it not have been better to just parcel the damn stuff into a flatter box to save postage? It's not as if a couple of charts etc are breakable! Oh well, the main reason I placed an order was because they had selected aida fabric on sale at 50-75% off, and I wanted to order some for Mum's stitching stash, seeing as she's still on a mad Christmas ornie stitching spree (go Mum!!). Still, that extra US$20 spent on postage costs has really marred the savings on the other items ... oh well, c'est la vie! At least you have some more fabric, Mum :)

The charts in this haul were The Gathering Room by Little House Needleworks (not in the photo); Those Darn Accessories by Hillside Samplings; A Little Blackwork by Drawn Thread; Sitting Pretty by Valerie Pfeiffer; Birdie Holiday by Lizzie*Kate; Stitching Friends by Lizzie*Kate; Honey Bee by Elizabeth's Designs; Life's a Stitch by Lizzie*Kate; Bluebells and Violets by Shepherd's Bush; and Teenie Hardanger III by The Sweetheart Tree.

For Mum ... I also got the following aida for you - 14ct lambswool, 16ct antique ivory, and 16ct navy. This lot was all pre-Wagon spending ;)

Now it's time to get the washing out of the machine and hang it out before settling down for the night - it's day 6 of work today, and I feel pretty wrecked (especially as I was stitching until midnight last night oops haha), so I thought I'd give myself a good start to the weekend, by getting some housework out of the way quickly ... now I'm going to be self-indulgent while watching Big Brother (sad, but true, I do enjoy it!), followed by Medium and Lost ... ah, bliss! :D

9Comments:

Blogger Lelia said...

WOW. beautiful sampler! You made a lot of progress with your stitching time.

Really a shame they packaged everything in such a LARGE box -- would have been easier on your wallet if they had selected something smaller ...

Excellent stash haul -- you will be a busy stitcher for awhile

9:22 PM  
Blogger Sylvie said...

Great stash, Anne!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Lovely stash!! Pouring over all those yummy patterns will help you forget about the shipping....maybe? And every time I see those little Valerie Pfeiffer birds, I want some of my own to do. hehehe

11:40 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

What a wonderful job with Bordeaux so far :-)

Yikes! She could have sent the charts in a Global Priority Mail envelope for only $9.50 for up to three pounds! How thoughtless - have you approached her about it? Since she didn't tell you postage cost, are you really liable for all of that? It really looks like she took advantage....

2:35 AM  
Blogger lena-lou said...

I didn't think it was that long since I visited your blog but my goodness...loads of postings! Bordeaux is looking really good its so nice when you don't want to put something down! Hope you have a nice weekend :-)

3:16 AM  
Blogger Running Kiwi said...

Bordeaux looks great - you've already done a whole lot!

Love the stash (hey ... a good stash haul makes up for any postage cost! LOL).

Enjoy your goodies ... and enjoy your days off :)

5:58 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Brodeaux looks really great - glad you're getting a chance to work on this one!

5:03 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Your Bordeaux sampler is looking great Anne! But, that postage was OUTRAGEOUS! I would proabably still be in recovery over it.

1:12 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Wonderful progress on you SAL with Carol!

I think I'd be stunned to have paid so much in postage for items that are not fragile and could have been packaged differently!! Perhaps an inquiry is in order. :)

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home