Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Very contented ...

The title describes my mood today ... I got up early and vacuumed most of the flat (still have to do the lounge, and that's it), then mopped the kitchen, bathroom and toilet floors, cleaned the bath, and started a bit of a tidy-up effort in the spare bedroom - until I can afford a new bookcase and storage cabinets (my latest plan for the spare room ... one day), I made use of the file boxes I freighted my last lot of books over in, and turned them into a makeshift book storage area - not very flash, but it's a lot tidier than having them all piled up on the floor!

Today is a most glorious day in Melbourne - it's still a bit nippy, but the sun is shining, and it feels good to be alive :) After my morning housekeeping, I treated myself at lunchtime to a walk into St Kilda and a brunch of bacon, eggs, and mushrooms at a local cafe, plus a couple of lattes to wash it all down ... it was glorious to sit outside in the sun, with a gas furnace heater taking the chill out of the day, and reading a book, sipping lattes without a care in the world (insert contented sigh here ...) ;)
Then I took my time and strolled up the St Kilda Pier, which I've never done before, and dawdled off home again taking the beach route. I really do feel very much 'at one with the world' today - and it feels good :) Catching the train this week has been very beneficial - it's got me back into the mode of enjoying walking again, so I'll have to keep it up ... better bring your walking shoes, Mum, 'cos you're coming with me! haha (yeah, I know you love walking, which is a good thing!). The next photo is a street very typical of my area with elm trees lining each side of the street - they're looking very bare at the moment, but it won't be very long before they're starting to sprout spring leaves again - I just love these avenues of trees, and they make me feel really peaceful to see them :) (And with my flat being on the 3rd floor, I get a birds-eye view of the ones on my doorstep!)
Nothing else to report, really - just felt like blogging about what a wonderful day it is :) I only managed an hour of stitching last night, so nothing new to report. I actually did 2 hours on a Christmas ornie a couple of nights ago, but decided not to post a piccie until it's all finished ... hopefully next weekend that'll all be done (won't have much stitching time this week due to visitors) - but then I have 2 1/2 weeks off work when Mum first arrives woohoo ... just think, it'll be stitching heaven at my place, now there are two of us stitching haha :D (we might be fighting over the Ott-lite, though haha).

6Comments:

Blogger Singular Stitches said...

That does look like a fantastic day. I'm so tired of seeing haze from all the humidity here...

1:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Anne! It sounds like you had an absolutely fabulous day. :) I'm so glad to hear it. You deserve to relax and chill out. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, as well!

2:15 AM  
Blogger Bastet said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful day, especially with the last few days here being very humid and sticky. Though I think I just jinxed myself. I hear rain outside my window. Maybe this one will cool things down a bit.
Have a wonderful weekend!
hugs

6:51 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

So glad you are enjoying your day :-) It is hot and humid here... then lots of rain storms this afternoon and evening. Rain for the weekend, for the most part - which I guess is good for stitching. I like your tidy job. I have been sort of doing the same, but not getting very far with it... I keep quitting to go back downstairs to stitch - LOL!!

I brought Bordeaux home today so will take a photo this weekend (or tonight) - you will see I have not finished part one yet... :-)

9:26 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Anne, it's great to hear about your lovely day! There are some days that are just amazing and I'm always grateful when one comes my way. :D

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isnt it fantastic to have a day when everything is good :)

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home