Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Monday, September 04, 2006

R.I.P. Steve Irwin

I feel very saddened today to hear the news that Steve Irwin, that great Aussie icon, has been killed today while diving near Port Douglas - he was killed in a freak accident with a stingray. The "Crocodile Hunter" was one of those bigger than life characters that you either loved or hated ... I was one of those that loved him, and he will be greatly missed by a large number of Aussies and Kiwis. Rest in peace, Steve Irwin - thanks for sharing your love of life and love of the natural world with everyone around the globe ... "Crikey, you'll be missed!"

5Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

He will be missed. Such a shock. Crikey is a fitting epitaph :(

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sad was that news? I feel so badly for the kids. my mom died when I was 9 and so did my little baby brother. It is hard to grow up without a parent. Michelle-Ozark crafter

1:35 PM  
Blogger Rowyn said...

What a better world this would be if everybody shared his love of animals and enthusiasm for conservation. He will be missed greatly, right across the globe.

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I died a little bit inside when I saw the news yesterday morning. I really loved his energy, passion and enthusiasm for his work. That and the story about how he and his wife met, it just tears me up that he's gone.

1:37 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks for posting this. He really will be missed. I too appreciated his love and enthusiasm for his life's work.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home