Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Apricot Slice

At Alison's request, here is the recipe for the very unhealthy apricot slice :)

DOREEN'S APRICOT SLICE

125g butter
1/2 can condensed milk
1/2 cup brown sugar
250g packet round wine biscuits, crushed (plain biscuits)
1 cup dried apricots, chopped (NOT Turkish, just cheapo brands - chuck them in the food processor)
Coconut or chocolate hail for topping

Heat the butter, condensed milk and brown sugar until melted - don't boil. Add apricots and biscuits and mix well. Push into a sponge roll tin and sprinkle with coconut or chocolate hail. Set in the fridge, then cut into slices.

Easy huh? Then the hardest part is trying to just eat one slice ;) LOL.

Well, today I'm up an around after only 4 1/2 hours sleep, at 5.30am ... considering I haven't even started the early shifts yet, that's a most disgusting thing to happen on my first day off!! I just couldn't get back to sleep again, so I'm going to potter around then have a bit of a kip again this arvo, I think. My job while I'm pottering is to make up a spreadsheet of the 'envelopes' I've got kitted up, and the DMC and specialty threads etc that are in them, so if I need them for something else I actually know where to find them! There have been a few things of late I've been hunting for, and I'm sure that's where they're hiding ... in one of my kitted-up projects. Anyway, that'll keep me out of mischief while I'm waking up or until I'm ready for a kip again ...

7Comments:

Blogger Barbara J said...

Thanks for the recipe Anne. It sounds delicious and quite simple. Will try it soon :)

1:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I make this slice too... and a variation is to add the grated rind of an orange with the juice of half an orand and ice with orange icing. Replace the orange with the apricots. Yum.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And I should have said too, add the coconut in with the crushed biscuits, this will help heaps with the orange recipe.

Just got carried away as it was food....

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fortuitous - I happen to have 1/2 can of condensed milk in the fridge, I was just looking for something to do with it! Don't have plain biscuits though, sadly. A trip to the supermarket might be in order.

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yum, yum, yum! I can see I'm going to have to put in another couple of hours at the gym!

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The recipe sounds yummy!

1:26 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Hmmmmmm. Sounds delicious!!!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home