Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Monday, October 16, 2006

It's all Greek to me ...

I can finally say I've picked up one of my exemptions from the 50 Project Challenge - at last my local newsagent near work had the World of XSing magazine in stock with the Michael Powell Greek scene in it ... I absolutely ADORE all things Greek with those beautiful blues in them, so this design is most definitely on the "must stitch" list. It will go well with the Greek paintings I bought in Greece that I have framed up (with some more still to be framed yet).

On the stitching front, I didn't manage to get much done on my Snowman needleroll over the last two nights ... on my 2nd night of doggoes it was a bit busier, so I only managed to get a tiny bit done - and I realised on adding the backstitching that the right-hand snowman is one stitch too far over on the right ... seeing as I'd already had to frog-stitch that one twice already, and I'd already completed it, I've decided to just leave it where it is, and just have to adjust the lettering by one stitch above it. I bet if I didn't say anything, no-one would notice ;) Last night would have been a good stitching night again, but I was just too tired to concentrate on it, so gave stitching a miss. I've only been getting 5-6 hours sleep each time during the day (and waking up every 1-2 hours), so last night that caught up with me. Of course, as is always the case, today I manage to sleep a full 8 hours and didn't get out of bed until 3pm, which means it'll be hard to get back into the routine for sleeping tonight ... that's the only thing I hate about night shift, recovering after it - otherwise I could do that shift permanently, I really enjoy it :D (very sad, I know! LOL)

I think tonight I'll try to get this little needleroll finished off, then tomorrow I need to pop out and buy some pearl cottons ready to start my gifts this week, before coming home to settle in and stitch up my scissor fob exchange piece. I'm a bit worried that the 'extra' I've ordered from SB&B isn't going to arrive in time for posting, but I guess there's still just over a week left (fingers crossed).

On the good note, though, Karen has shipped most of the threads I've been wanting for a canvaswork piece, so that'll slot straight into my rotation as soon as Pacific Pohutukawa is finished woohoo :D These threads have been on order for quite some time now, as they had to be ordered in through the distributor - but as soon as I've finished that piece, the chart can head it's way over to Tannia for her to stitch it :D

And on that note I'll sign off for the night and settle in with the Snowman needleroll for a few hours while listening to a new audiobook I've got - A Darkness More Than Night by Michael Connelly. The reason I have this is Cathy's fault ... she mentioned Audible on her blog, and the price seemed very reasonable, so yesterday I thought I'd give it a trial run. They just so happened to have a 50% sale off Michael Connelly books, so I bought two (for the same it'd cost just for one normal paperback these days), as well as The Cold Moon by Jeffrey Deaver as my 'free' gift for joining up. That'll keep me out of trouble this week on my days off ;) It'll be a nice change from DVD watching, and they have a wonderful selection of audiobooks to download (even for us Aussies) compared to what's available at my local library :D

11Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

The Michael Powell piece will be beautiful. I love your snowmen too.

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anne, I hope you have as much fun as I do with Audible - I do love having something new to listen to each month.

Look forward to seeing your finished needleroll - those snowmen are soo cute!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

The Michael Powell piece is lovely - its a definite must-do! And your needleroll snowmen are very sweet. Be sure to let us know how you enjoy your Audible. That's something I've always wanted to try.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I love Micheal Powell designs. They are always so vibrant and cheerful.
Your snowmen are looking great. Enjoy your new audio books. :)

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Greek scene by Michael Powell is gorgeous! It reminds me of the lovely pictures that you took on your last trip there. Definitely worthy of an exemption. ;)

12:02 AM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Loving the snowmen :)

Have a great day my friend :)

12:26 AM  
Blogger Vash said...

I can't believe you are going to stitch this one too - it's one of my WIPs. I came back from my cruising holiday (which stopped at Santorini) and this magazine came out a week later and the design just said "STITCH ME".

5:12 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

your little snowmen are too cute Anne, hope you get to finish this one without anymore reverse stitching, hee hee. I finished my SB design last night so will post a pic later :)

6:09 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Oh my gosh! I must run to the bookstore and see if it is still possible to get that issue! I adore Michael Powell designs - thanks for the enabling! :-)

7:47 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Your snowmen look great! Love the Michael Powell design too, I will have to see if I can get my hands on one!

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Greek scene. I can't blame you for making that an exception.

Love the little snowmen too:)

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home