Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A small giggle

The sad thing is that I could probably add a few to this list as well from personal experience ... haha. Nothing stitching-related to chat about, so you get some call centre enquiries (joke) that I got in an email ... gave me a giggle! :D


Thomas Cook Travel
Customer: "I've been ringing 0700 2300 for two days and can't get through to enquiries, can you help?".
Operator: "Where did you get that number from, sir?".
Customer: "It was on the door to the Travel Centre".
Operator: "Sir, they are our opening hours".


Samsung Electronics
Caller: "Can you give me the telephone number for Jack?"
Operator: "I'm sorry, sir, I don't understand who you are talking about".
Caller: "On page 1, section 5, of the user guide it clearly states that I need to unplug the fax machine from the AC wall socket and telephone Jack before cleaning. Now, can you give me the number for Jack?"
Operator: "I think you mean the telephone point on the wall".


Royal Automobile Club Motoring Services
Caller: "Does your European Breakdown Policy cover me when I am travelling in Australia?"
Operator: " Doesn't the product give you a clue?"


Directory Enquiries 1
Caller: "I'd like the number of the Argoed Fish Bar in Cardiff please".
Operator: "I'm sorry, there's no listing. Is the spelling correct?"
Caller: "Well, it used to be called the Bargoed Fish Bar but the 'B' fell off".


Directory Enquiries 2
Then there was the caller who asked for a knitwear company in Woven.
Operator: "Woven? Are you sure?"
Caller: "Yes. That's what it says on the label; Woven in Scotland ".


Technical support.... England
Caller: "I deleted a file from my PC last week and I have just realised that I need it. If I turn my system clock back two weeks will I have my file back again?".

15Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Very funny Anne! Thanks for the laugh. :)

10:51 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Very funny. I like the last one best.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Concetta said...

LOL! Love those! while I was at uni I worked in a call centre (International Operator) and oh my gosh, I still laugh at some of the enquiries! Like the lady who was trying to call Australia from the UK... after I mentioned the time difference she said are you SURE they're not a DAY and 9 hours ahead of us, dear?

11:39 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Those were so funny Anne, my kids asked me what I was laughing at. They thought Mom had gone crazy at the computer-LOL

12:36 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Love those, Anne! People are soo funny! :D

2:33 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

OMG, Anne, these are too funny! And too true!!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Those are great - thanks for the laughs, a great way to start off the morning!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Kali said...

Love them Anne! I'm sure you could add a few, heck any of us who answer phones at work could, I know with the full moon this past week I had my share of them ;)

11:22 PM  
Blogger Nicole & Phil said...

Hi Anne,
I am back in the land of the living......great to see how busy you have been...those dolphins are slowly making huge progress!
Talk to you soon!
Cheers
Nicole, Berlin, Germany

4:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFLOL. Oh yes, sad but true. ;)

5:43 AM  
Blogger Vash said...

At one point my jaded career history I worked for Maidstone Borough Council. I used to take messages for several difference departments including the IT section. One message was from one of the Area Housing Offices, requesting a new mouse for their computer. I asked what had happened to their old one, and was told that the user had accidentally hole-punched the mouse cable. That kept me laughing for days!

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't people stupid? Makes me feel superior, although I've shown my stupidity many times, I'm sure, LOL! Thanks for the giggles!

1:49 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Here's one that happened to me when I worked at a call center (I'm the dispatcher).

Customer: Hi. My conputer caught fire and I need it fixed.
Dispatcher: Ok sir. You understand this is not covered under your warrenty, so i will need a PO numer to start processing.
Customer: Alright, but what do i do about the computer?
Dispatcher: It will be replaced by the tech when he comes by your shop.
Customer: No, you don't understand. Fire is coming out it right now!! What do i do?!?!
Dispatcher: Sir. Do you have a fire extinguisher handy?
Customer: Yes.
Dispatcher: Please use it on the computer to put out the fire.
Customer: Won't that damage the computer?
Dispatcher: Not anymore damage than the fire has done already.

At this point, I put myself on mute to laugh while he put out the fire. The person who was listening in evaluating my calls that day was getting ready to call the local fire department if he wasn't able to put out the fire or if it spread.

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is ROFL!!!!!!!!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Oh, Anne, those are precious!

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home