Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Friday, October 06, 2006

T.G.I.F. ... & a bit of snow

The snow has been falling on my little Winter RR block, and the trees have blossomed up out of the ground, despite the drop in wintry temperature ;) As you can see, I've managed to get a few more stitches done on this piece before I head off to work (I'm about to leave any minute now). Today is Friday, and for me it actually IS Friday, which means my weekend off is a real weekend again for two weeks in a row yippee :) My plans this weekend are to do absolutely nothing but relax with a needle in hand ... I hope to get this Winter RR block finished, and anything other than that is a bonus.

Next week is a tough week for me, with a mix of shifts ... starting with 11am-7pm for two days, I then move to 1pm-9pm for one day, then a 3pm-11pm for 1 day, finishing with 3 days of 9pm-5am ... yep, another week of 7 days straight. I then have 4 days off, but I'm usually a zombie after my night shifts and don't anticipate much happening those days except perhaps a bit of stitching ... maybe ;)

And on that note, off to work I go :D

I almost forgot ... for Barbara - that red is just DMC 304 ... it's pretty scrummy :D

8Comments:

Blogger Chelle said...

Your winter square looks nice and chilly, just like it should! Have a great weekend!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Sylvie said...

That's a lovely square, Anne

6:28 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

What a pretty square! Enjoy your weekend Anne, you deserve it :)

8:06 PM  
Blogger Shelleen said...

it is a pretty piece. Don't overdue it.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Karoline said...

Have a lovely weekend Anne, Winter is looking great

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes you have had a bit of snow on there1 it is looking nice. Sorry about your shifts, I hope they are not too hard on you!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hi Anne, enjoy your stitchey weekend! your RR square looks great, (if you want some real snow I can send some your way - its thick on the ranges west of here, we've had a real cold snap here this week, lol)

8:42 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Gotta soak up a lot of enjoyment from this weekend to get you thru the long week ahead!! The Winter square is looking mighty fine - tho your headline gave me a jolt at first, lol!

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home