Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

A few stitches

I've decided to be a responsible stitcher, and not touch The Dratteds until I've finished one of my stitching commitments for this month - instead for the last two days I've been putting a few stitches into Lynn's RR block before going to work. I've chosen the Winter block as I just love wintry/Christmas scenes, and love the richness of the red in the house. I probably should have stitched the Spring block, seeing as that's the season we're currently in down here, but the Winter one appealed to me more stitching-wise. I'm hoping to get the final stitches put into this one by the end of the weekend, ready for posting at the end of the month.

After that I just have my scissor fob exchange commitment (and I still haven't decided on a design yet), then I'm free to stitch what I feel like ... namely the Dratteds, along with an ornament or two and the monthly needleroll SAL. The poor Dratteds have been severely neglected for the last month or so - can't wait to get moving on them again ... 'cos when they're all finished I'm moving Egyptian Garden Mandala into their position as my focus piece, and I really can't wait to get that back into my rotation.

Not much to chat on about today, so it's just a short post - time to jump in the shower and start getting ready for work ... geez it feels good to just have a 5-day week for a change, yippee!! :D

9Comments:

Blogger Von said...

Hi Anne,
Hope this 5-day week treats you right! :D I want to see lots more stitching.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Hi Anne - I like the winter block in this series too - the red house is so pretty! It looks like a fun stitch :-) Better than The Dratteds!! LOL

11:19 PM  
Blogger Karoline said...

Winter is looking lovely

2:26 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Ooh, I like that block too...good choice! I would love to be able to get to my Egyptian Garden too, but I'm afraid it's going to be awhile!

4:15 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Nice block, Anne! What is that red - it's gorgeous!

4:21 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Looking good Anne!!! I love this design you're doing....winter scenes are a fave of mine too. And good for you on being a responsible RR partner......I'm terrible at deadline stitching.

Make sure we get another piccie update soon!
Sandy

5:45 AM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Yay! Winter is looking fabulous! Thanks for working on my RR!!

5:53 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Hi Anne, your winter progress is looking good. Best wishes.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Great start on Lynn's RR! I'm finished off with mine and eagerly waiting for the next one. Have a great long weekend.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home