Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A mixed bag of all sorts

First of all, I have to say "yippee" to Zohrah, that the mail art arrived this time around ... and relatively quickly too!! I'm very glad you like it :) And I shouldn't take it for granted that someone doesn't read my blog just 'cos they've not commented before haha ... I'm just very pleased you finally managed to get your exchange in return after stitching such a lovely one for Aniza :D

As for the Gingher scissors - for anyone who's interested, JoAnn's (in the US) have a 40% sale off Ginghers, including the designer series, so it's a great time to stock up ... I just got outbid 24 hours before the bidding closed on the pair I put on my blog yesterday, and I've opted not to stress any more over it, as I can buy it directly from JoAnn's for an extra US$5 over my maximum bid. So thanks to my wonderful northern twin, Jenna, I'll be ordering mine directly from JoAnn's instead of continuing with the bidding ... at least I know they're going to be shipped officially, I think there's always a slight worry with Ebay about goods not being sent. Now I have to stitch an extra special fob for the 4" ones when they eventually arrive, as those two pairs will be treasured forever! If you're really nice, Mum, I'll let you touch them when you come over ... only once though! hahaha.

As for my finances, things have looked up since yesterday ... when I got a bank balance last week I got a nasty shock, as there wasn't as much in there as I expected, but today I got a phone balance and everything's OK - my loan repayment had been taken out last week, but wasn't showing on the statement ... phew! I also forgot I had a carton of ciggies from duty free I bought for a workmate that he hadn't paid for yet, so that's another $50 coming tomorrow, and to top it all off I also had 2 hours overtime last Sunday, which will almost pay the whole thing off (it comes in next week's pay) ... so today I'm MUCH more relaxed about the parking fine thing - I wouldn't say I'm happy about it still, but not stressed about the payment side at least :)

Then driving home I had a SUPER surprise ... I went to fill my car up as it was sitting seriously on empty (I was running late this morning, so had to leave it until the way home ... which is a good thing!), and the gas cost (ie petrol) had dropped another 7c a litre since this morning ... to a record breaking 110c a litre ... considering I was paying 137c a litre a fortnight ago, I was doing cartwheels past the gas pumps!! :D Yippee!!!!! Approx $45 to fill my car instead of almost $60 {skippety skip skip skip}. A nice extra silver lining after yesterday :D

Tomorrow arvo I'm hoping to catch up with Katrina, which will be an great highlight for the week - it will be lovely to meet her in person and catch up over a coffee or bite to eat :D I promise not to fall asleep in my coffee after my 5am start ;)

I'm now on 5am shifts for the next 3 days, so that'll be interesting with my dizzy turns, but fingers crossed I'll manage to survive everything ... I HAVE to, as this weekend is also my dinner party on Saturday night - and I now have one of my work colleagues staying on Friday night as well, so we can go out for another colleague's 39th birthday ... I'm so out of practice in going out partying, I'll need another week to recover! LOL.

Anyway, enough gas-bagging ... I'd better get this little bit of finishing done, then into bed for me for 7pm ;) Hopefully if I can get it finished, it means I can actually post a stitching piccie tomorrow :D

8Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Great news, Anne! :D I'm so excited that you get to meet the lovely Katrina! :)

7:49 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Glad to hear your mail art arrived this time. How nice it will be to meet Katrina. :)

10:01 PM  
Blogger Shelleen said...

Our gas prices are going down as well and it feels great!

11:04 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Congrats on the low gas prices! Mike got hi-test for his Vette for $2.47 a gallon on the weekend! Woo Hoo!!!! Wonder how long it will last...?? Anyhow, Joann's is three minutes from my house! But you asked Jenna already, so that's cool. I am so jealous you get to meet Katrina! She is so awesome! Did I miss anything else? Oh yes! Congrats on figuring out the finances! I missed the entry about the parking fine! Ouch!!!

11:59 PM  
Blogger Von said...

How wonderful to read that the budget is shaping up just fine! Money worries are such a stress and you don't need that.

Have a great chat with Katrina. The rest of us will be hovering around you both in spirit. :D

1:18 AM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Have a blast with Katrina :)
I am so glad the MA arrived in Singapore this time around :) You did a lovely job :)

4:20 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

Hooray for better bank balances, low gas (petrol) prices, and everything else!

Have a great time with Katrina - say hello from me :)

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news all around. Woohoo! :)

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home