Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Redwork exchange received

Just a quick note to upload some piccies, and say a HUGE thank you to Leslie for my Redwork exchange piece ... isn't this the most gorgeous thing? I just love it! It's just so rich and scrummy ... I have most definitely fallen in love with redwork - I just can't get enough of it now! (Don't worry, though, I'm still most definitely a blue girl at heart, and that won't change LOL.) As well as the beautiful stitched ornament (which I adore), Leslie also sent some extra goodies along - some GAST threads and a fat 1/4 of some lovely quilting fabric ... all very very useful! :D As well as that, she also sent the chart and remaining charms that she stitched mine from - which I also love, and it's going to be very very handy as you've just given me a great idea for an upcoming gift :) This poor exchange has been sitting at the Post Office since just before last weekend, but this is the first time I've been anywhere near work during daylight hours to pick it up.

Before I forget, for Cindy - I used the flat-fold instructions from Judy Odell's book, which is wonderful ... but Kim has put very good instructions on her website here - the only major difference is that Judy attaches her ribbon before the pieces are put together, and she stitches the pieces together instead of using glue, using a ladder stitch - hope that helps :D

And here is the before and after photo of the Kitty Pi Mum knitted for me ... I've conned her into making another one (one for the lounge, and one for the bedroom), but I've found where I can buy the proper wool (ie Noro Kureyon) here in Melbourne, so we're going to get some of the 'Real McCoy' to use next time. As you can see, the ducks are seriously impressed with it! ;) Just for a change, I thought we'd go "blue" LOLOL - the actual colour is more muted than the photo looks.

As for today, nothing much done except for housework - the lounge is tidy now (including my stitching corner, will miracles never cease??) ... the next job is the dining table which is a pigsty, but I figure just doing a bit every day will eventually get the clutter put away - after that, I start decluttering the bedrooms, and that's a full-time job haha. I had a shocking night's sleep last night due to horrendously high winds making a racket, so I'm just taking it very very easy today, and I'll have an early night tonight ... hmmm, I wonder what rocket fuel cocktail I could make tonight to knock me out? LOL. Other than that today I managed to get Zohrah's replacement mail art exchange in the mail ... I haven't felt too creative this week, so I've just re-done the original mail art I did (praying this one turns up, as I don't think I could stitch it three times!!).

I think this arvo I'm going to drag out the Dratteds and put a few stitches into them ... I really wanted to get them finished by Christmas, and that date is looming really really quickly!! After that, I think Egyptian Garden Mandala will be replacing them as my focus piece on my rotation ... I can't wait to stitch on this one again :)

14Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never in a million years thought I would read that you haven fallen in love with redwork!!!!
Tessa :)

2:48 PM  
Blogger Nicki said...

We've converted you!!! (sort of!) It is gorgeous. Well done Leslie - a beautiful exchange and well worth the wait :)

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In all seriousness I was astounded that Z's parcel from me took so long. I know SA's post is terrible, but is Singapore's post also a factor? Mine took 3 months to get there, have you waited that long yet? I was going to stitch a special something for her to try to make up, and then it arrived at her end. Maybe you should wait a tad longer, Anne. Save yourself some work!!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Anne, just catching up here. Sorry to hear that you have not been well, and I bet you were frightened.

Love the redwork exchange, very pretty.

And those duck will love sleeping in the Kitty Pi!! hehe (can't wait till you get your kitty....)

Have a lovely stitchy weekend....

8:03 PM  
Blogger Susimac said...

Your exchange from Lesley is beautiful, and what lovely goodies you got too. Hope you are still on the mend.

Su

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad the exchange arrived safely and that you liked it! I had a blast stitching it!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Karoline said...

Gorgeous exchange from Leslie, congratulations

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have all of the trappings, now you just need a kitty! I had to laugh at your remark about going with blue for a change. LOL. You have a one-track mind, even if you are currently mildly distracted by redwork. ;)

Leslie did a beautiful job of the exchange. I like those little Whimsey & Wit designs; you'll have fun stitching them.

I hope you start feeling better soon. Have a good weekend, take it easy, relax and enjoy yourself, okay?

1:47 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

A lovely exchange piece from Leslie.
I hope you are feeling a little better now after your scare. Take it easy. :)

1:53 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

What a beautiful exchange! And red sets blue off so beautifully, don't you think? :)

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What lovely exchange items. I adore redwork.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Very pretty exchange!

7:47 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Sounds like you've had a really productive day here!

Your redwork from Leslie is gorgeous! How thoughtful of her to send the remaining charms and pattern for you to stitch!

11:29 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Love the redwork ornament from Leslie!

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home