Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Small health scare

Well, my walk around the waterfront didn't eventuate ... instead I ended up having a walk around the block in the other direction - to the local Medical Centre. I got up from the computer to walk to the kitchen, and started blacking out and falling over ... I caught myself on the kitchen chair with my arm, and the table collected my forehead, and while hanging on for dear life my legs and body started having, for want of a better word, convulsions. I have to say it scared the bejeezus out of me, and I phoned work to say I was too worried to drive ... so this arvo I ended up having a multitude of blood tests done as well as an ECG - the GP is marking it as urgent so I can get the results back tomorrow afternoon ... which also means I'm off work for tonight and tomorrow night. I know I hate the 6pm shifts, but this isn't what I expected to get me out of them!! The GP thinks it's possibly just anaemia (which I had when I was younger, and had to have vitamin B12 shots about 7 years ago), and the lack of sleep just sent me over the edge ... he doesn't think it's true convulsions - rather the anaemia that caused me to black out, and I panicked which caused the convulsions. My blood pressure is a little bit high, but he said that's to be expected after my body reacted how it did. Fingers crossed anaemia is all that it is ... gave me a pretty big scare, though :( If nothing else, I'm definitely going to take a sleeping tablet tonight to give me a good rest ... at least there's no work tomorrow to worry about sleeping in! :)

19Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Anne, I hope all goes well for your tests results and that you feel much better after a good night sleep.

I will be thinking about you.

(((hugs)))
Heather

8:05 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Oh dear, Anne, I bet you were scared!! I was scared just reading your article! I really hope it's nothing serious and that it won't happen ever again... Do take plenty of rest, OK?
Sending you lots of positive vibes! ((((hugs))))

8:05 PM  
Blogger Karoline said...

{{{{Anne}}}} I hope you get your test results quickly and that it's only the anaemia and that you've managed to get a good nights sleep

9:02 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Hope all is well and that you are feeling better soon :)

9:55 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Good grief, Anne! Take care!!!

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How horrible Anne. I hope all is okay and you get some good rest. Hugs.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

How scary!! I hope everything turns out ok.

12:46 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

That doesn't sound like a "small" scare to me. It sounds pretty big. I hope it turns out to be something easily recognised and fixed.

4:43 AM  
Blogger Vash said...

Anne,
I hope you are feeling better soon, and that the anemia diagnosis is correct. [[hugs]]

5:04 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

You call us if you need us...

6:36 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

Oh Anne {{{{hugs}}}} That must have been so frightening. I hope the results show it was just anaemia. Thinking of you. Let us know how you are :)

7:45 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Oh, Anne, that is a scare!! Prayers that this really is just a lack of sleep and anemia that can be easily treated. Take care dear friend!!!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Anne I hope your feeling a bit better today and that you get your results quickly.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Anne that is definitely NOT how you want to get out of going to work!!!! I was so relieved to read you went right for medical attention and your GP was a dear to put an urgent to it. I'll keep my fingers crossed and prayers that it is something that can easily be corrected. Just take it easy and be careful, okay?

Sending lots of Hugs,
Sandy

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, No, You poor thing. I'm miserable to read this. Hope you feel much better very soon.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

How scary Anne! Hope you feel better soon. Think positive-it will be okay. My prayers are with you!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

ooh this is scary - please follow the doctors orders and take care of yourself!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Nancy in IL said...

Oh dear! This is a wake-up call, dear Anne. You MUST take good care of yourself. I need my shoulder to cry on and my cheap psyciatrist, LOL! Seriously, I'm glad you're not putting off getting help for yourself. Please let un know how you're doing. My Aussie girls are falling apart, and it's getting to me. Love you!

2:20 PM  
Blogger CindyMae said...

Oh my goodness, I am glad that you are not harmed in any way from what happened! I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! Make sure that you let us know what you find out!

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home