Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Needleroll exchange from Sylvie

WOW!!!!! That's what came out of my mouth as I stood on the pavement at the back of the Post Office today ... I was too impatient to get home to open up my parcel, so Mum and I opened it up together there and then ;) Inside the parcel was my needleroll exchange from Sylvie, and I can honestly and truthfully say I am totally blown away by it all - I just adore everything! The needleroll is stitched and finished so beautifully, and the design and colours are incredible ... I'm lost for words as to how beautiful I think it is :D And if that wasn't enough, inside the gorgeous bag (that is going to be oh-so-useful for my stitching bits and bobs next to my chair) there were Gloriana silks in the most dreamy and heavenly colours for a blue girl like me ... serious drool material - I adore Gloriana silks! But there was even more yet ... a lovely little address book, and cute turquoise bracelet, and a postcard from Normandie ... and I love it all!! I still can't believe that I get to keep it all, that it's all mine! I'll say it again ... "WOW"!! :D Thanks heaps and heaps Sylvie for an exceptional exchange :D {{hugs}}
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(I give up on Blogger tonight, so I'm using Photobucket mutter mutter mutter)

The other squishy mail I had today was my next round robin piece - this is Lynn's seasonal round robin ... I'm really enjoying stitching on these, and I've been looking forward to the next one arriving. Now I just have to decide which season to stitch, Winter or Spring ... oh decisions, decisions ... ;)

Rightio, off to work I go again ... but not 'real' work, though ... Mum and I are going to try ornamentifying a few of her stitched ornies so she knows how to do it when she gets home. Which will be interesting, as I've only ever made the two square ones last year ... we'll be dragging out the magazines again to get some ideas, I think - mind you, seeing as Mum's flying out tomorrow, I don't think we'll be getting too creative - nothing like leaving it until the last minute haha. We're going to finish off her holiday tonight with king prawns (on sale at Safeway today), and breakfast out at St Kilda tomorrow morning and a trip into the city for some last-minute sightseeing/shopping ... thank goodness for stitching, 'cos I'll be feeling a bit lost for a few days afterwards having the place to myself again ... not for long, though, as I'll be kept busy catching up on all the blogs!! :D

10Comments:

Blogger Sylvie said...

I'm so happy you like it, Anne. To be honest, it was difficult to send it as I wanted to keep it for myself :D I'm a blue girl too so it wasn't too hard to find a fabric and threads for the needleroll ;)

Enjoy your goodies ((hug))

12:36 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

That's such a wonderful exchange. Sylvie did a great job!! Hope it makes you miss a little less the gorgeous blue NR you sent me ;)

Blue girls rule! :) :)

1:41 AM  
Blogger Karoline said...

Gorgeous exchanges, congratulations

5:17 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

From one of my 'blue' friends to another! It's beautiful! Perfect for you. And you deserve such a gorgeous needleroll and all those gifts after the exchange you sent me :)

7:35 AM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

What a lovely exchange from Sylvie!!

Cool! Can't wait to the progress pics of your work on my RR!

I've really been enjoying working on your duckies! The timing was perfect, because the Wigeions' coloring is very Autumn (which I adore!).

12:24 PM  
Blogger CindyMae said...

I can see why WOW was the first thing out of your mouth as it would have been mine too! Wonderful exchange, enjoy!!!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Von said...

It's the perfect needleroll for you, Anne! Beautiful blues and a lovely design!! :D

2:28 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Holy smokes, that is one beautiful needleroll!

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous exchange package from Sylvie! She definitely outdid herself and it's absolutely perfect for you. I'm so happy for you! :)

2:26 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Sylvie sent you a fabulous needleroll! The one's you have been stitching are quite nice too!

Maybe after the holidays I will have to join you in this monthly SAL!

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home