Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Needleroll SAL

Even though I worked all weekend, on Friday and today I was on a 6am shift, so got home early enough in the afternoon to get some decent stitching in (especially tonight) ... I thought I'd get one Shepherd's Bush needleroll finished ("Thisbe's Needleroll"), but I ended up taking a Lorri Birmingham one into work as well ("A Stitcher's Needleroll"), and managed to finish them both tonight - yippee!! As per usual, there was an error on the LB chart, and because I was distracted by calls etc, didn't pick it up until it was all finished! I can't be bothered unpicking it, so it will remain as it is ... if anyone else is thinking of stitching this, check the chart, as the very top band only had one space below it and the first border, whereas the bottom band has two ... I have decided I absolutely detest LB kits for that exact reason - I've stitched 3 different ones now, and every single one has had a major error ... mutter mutter mutter. I'll do the actual finishing another day.

Only 3 more days to go, and life will be back to normal here at home, as Mum will have headed back over the oceans where she'll be staying until February, then I have the pleasure of her company again probably for another six weeks. I've told her I'm going to start charging her rent, as she's here 1/4 of the year hahaha. I love having her here, though, and it's really no hassle :) It means at the end of next week I can catch up with blog reading again without feeling guilty and self-conscious ... I can't wait to see what I've been missing out on! :D

Rightio, that's all for me tonight - just a quick post for the needleroll SAL piccies :D

11Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Wow, your stitching is so beautiful :) Lovely colours! Both pieces go so well together :)
I find it great that your mother can come over so often - what a great relationship you two seem to have! :)

12:06 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Beautiful needlerolls! I hope you got my emails :-)

2:59 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

two needlerolls Anne, you are a stitching machine, lol! both look great!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

They look great! Well done on both :)

By the way, I'm still on cloud nine over your parcel last week. The needleroll is on my stitching chest with my other red stuff - it's become a redwork corner :)

11:46 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Working and still finishing two needlerolls! You must have picked up some of those turbo needles in Hong Kong!! Beautiful work, even if the LB chart did have an error.

Give your mom my best! How lucky you are to be able to be with her so much.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Shelleen said...

the NR is very pretty :-)

9:09 PM  
Blogger Kali said...

They both look great Anne! I'm with you on LB designs, the last one I had came with the wrong count fabric, EEKK! I still find myself buying her designs just the same though ;)

12:44 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Very pretty needlerolls, Anne! I can relate to problems with Lori Birmingham designs. Ugh!

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your stitching is so perfect Anne, I love SB needlerolls, have fun finishing them. I have been umming and ahhing over the thisbe roll but I think I am 'sold' on it now I have seen yours. Pity the LB has a mistake, it does look lovely anyway.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Congrats on your finishes! I have only done one of the LB needlerolls, and wasn't too happy with it. I followed the finishing directions (rather than my own intuition) and it wound up waaaay too skinny! And now with your report of problems...I'll definately be more careful next time :)

10:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Anne, I have stitched alot of Lorri Birmingham and have yet to find an error free chart, usually it is a very glaring error and easy to find...makes me wonder why she doesn't have someone proof read her patterns before publishing...I like alot of her designs, but it irritates me to keep finding mistakes or differences from the picture on the front. Great finishes!!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home