Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

WIP updates

I was originally going to post a piccie once I'd got my latest project entirely finished, but it's been slow going so I thought I'd post a progress piccie instead. This is the first time I've ever tried doing nun's stitch, and I'm amazed at how slooooooowly that wee stitch goes ... can't say I'm a huge fan, although it looks OK. I still have to add the little bead eyes and do a broad chain stitch across the centre fold line - then I have to do the little separate name label before putting it all together ... and being 'finishing challenged', I'm going goggle-eyed reading the instructions already - hopefully it will all slot into place once I have the actual finished articles and lining etc in front of me! This is "Bumble the Bee's Wax Pocket" kit by Moss Creek Designs ... I just love the little bee :D I wasn't so fond, however, by the over-one stitching hmmm.

In fact, seeing as I'm not a great over-one fan, I'm definitely getting plenty of experience with my current/future projects ... this one, plus the Bordeaux Sampler (all the verses plus the next band has oodles of over-one grapes), and the Lavender Rose Sewing Case (next on my list of smalls to stitch, seeing as I missed the SAL) ... I'm either going to enjoy over-one more after all that practice, or detest it further ... only time will tell ...

And seeing as it's almost Friday, I can finally post a progress piccie of the Bordeaux Sampler with my start of band number 2 ... I haven't touched this since coming home from Hong Kong, so I caught up a bit by putting 4 hours into it earlier in the week - and it's time to get it back into a regular stitching slot each week. I'm looking forward to seeing Carol's progress too :D

Other than that, I have another mail art to be done as the original one went AWOL ... have to admit, this is definitely not a stitching highlight for the week :(

I do have to admit to a slight lapse off the Wagon last week too - just realised I'd forgotten to post a public announcement of my lapse, as well as a piccie of my spoils ... Ashleigh was selling off a bundle of her stash on Ebay, and I've been dying to try some of the Periwinkle Promises little cushion kits, so I couldn't resist trying some at a reasonable price to see if I like them ... and after receiving them, I think I see more of them arriving on my doorstep in the future ... after I've been on the Wagon a bit longer ;)

Now it's off to bed for the night after a very inactive day ... mind you, I can see the lounge room floor again, so I obviously got a bit of housework done today ;P

8Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I think both your projects look great. Love the pattern with the bee. :D And more stash is always a good thing. :D

1:41 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Your Bordeaux Sampler looks fantastic. I need to get some fabric so that I can stitch this one too.

2:17 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

LOL - don't get too excited, you have done about 4x more than I have on Part II. Maybe I can get a little done at work tomorrow before I bring it home for an update picture.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

Just love your bumble the bee! I had to look at the bigger picture because the wings look soo cool, then I noticed how neat the stitching is on the body!

Too cool! I had never seen this one before, thanks for showing it!

:)

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that bee looks like it is about to fly off the fabric - it looks awsome.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Love your little bee project. How cute is that? I'm jealous of your new Periwinkle Promises stash! They are great kits. Enjoy!

11:09 AM  
Blogger msstitch01 said...

Your WIP pieces look great Anne. Love the bee.......

1:56 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Your little bee is fantastic, Anne! Over one stitching may not be your favorite, but you sure do it well. :D

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home