Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Small 'finishing finish'

Another quiet day ... even though it sounds like I've been very busy, I've actually been very relaxed and lazy all day - I did a small load of washing, and felted my Kitti Pi bed (thanks to Jo for putting that on her blog) that Mum knit for my four-legged friend that hasn't arrived yet ... it's currently drying on top of my washing basket, so I'll show the before and after piccies when it's finished.

Aside from that I did a very tiny bit of stitching on my Bordeaux Sampler this evening, so here's this week's progress piccie ... the only difference to last week is a tiny part of the right-hand border, a bit of gold, and two groups of those dratted over-one grapes. I'm soooo tempted to leave all those until the end, but if I did that I know it'd never ever get finished, so I'm forcing myself to stitch them as I go, and complete each band ... I still have the four little grapes on the first dividing band to stitch yet, though.

The final thing I did today was to finally finish my Stars are Brightly Shining 'ornament' (by SamSarah Designs in the JCS 2005 ornie issue), and make my first ever flat-fold ... I don't have any suitable ribbon, so no embellishments are on it yet - I'll probably add some red cording and a red ribbon bow on the top, but not entirely 100% sure of that yet. Oh well, that's one thing crossed off my to-do lists for the year, as a flat-fold was one of my key goals for 2006 (the rest of my list is a bit of a whitewash, though!). Even though the curved needle had a mind of its own for a while, eventually I managed to tame it enough to do a fairly decent job of doing the ladder stitch joining up the sides :) (The first piccie is a better representation of the actual colour - it's a Country Stitch Kiwi Pearl, so not named, and it's absolutely divine!) It's shocking that it's taken me so long to finish this off ... it's been sitting there just waiting to have its carrot nose stitched on, and that's it! {shaking head} We didn't have a button the right size, so Mum and I made one out of Fimo last Christmas (yes, it's really been sitting here that long! LOL).

Tomorrow will see my final day of being lazy, as it's back to work on Saturday again ... thankfully to decent shifts this week of 8am-4pm for a few days - followed by 5am-1pm shifts ... I'll just have to make doubly sure I get all my sleep regularly for that :) And I'm back to taking the Voltaren again to try and get my back pain under control - I stopped after just 3 days last week, which was a bit dumb ... this week I'm determined to get it all fixed up and get my health back under control :)

And before I forget ... for Nicki - I really loved the World's Fastest Indian ... what a wonderful feel-good movie, I can definitely recommend it! The only thing that took some getting used to was Anthony Hopkins' weird 'Southland' accent ... sounded a bit more like something out of Cornwall, rather than Invercargill, but then again it's been a long time since I've been in Dunedin/Invercargill ;)

14Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some pretty work there, Anne. You do very lovely work.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

What a cute flatfold! :)

1:11 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Your flatfold is lovely! Very cute design.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

Glad you liked the film - I thought it was great! Love the flatfold (does that count towards the 50?) and the sampler looks good so far too :)

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful finish, Anne! I haven't done a flat-fold yet, was it hard?

Please take care of yourself, dear friend. Don't make me fly down there and do it for you. ;)

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both pieces are wonderful. I just love your wine sampler:)

7:29 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Hi Anne, your flat fold looks wonderful. Congrats on the finish. Never done that yet and it seems so difficult to make. Take care.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Love your flat fold! I have a pile of stuff waiting to be finished, and that would be an awesome way to do it without taking up too much storage space off-season. Where did you find the instructions?

10:30 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Your Bordeaux Sampler is cruising along compared to mine - I posted my wee bit of progress tonight - yikes! I was so busy stitching a baby gift at work this past month that I fell behind. No excuses now, will get it done faster :-)

Cute flat fold!

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your flatfold, pretty impressive for a first go but then you do everything beautifully that I have seen...

A red ribbon on top would be lovely, match the scarf and the cardinel....says the red girl to the blue girl!!!

Tessa :)

2:46 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Sounds like a great day, Anne! You must have felt quite satisfied at the end of the day - I love it when that happens! :D

12:17 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Love the flat fold Anne, very pretty.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Your flat fold looks great! I have yet to try one of these.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Love your flat-fold! You did a great job.

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home