Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Mail Art Exchange

I know Zohrah hasn't received this yet, seeing as it only got sent out last week, but as far as I know she doesn't read my blog, and I've decided to post a piccie of it anyway while I'm waiting for my dinner to reheat. Here was my 2nd attempt at the same design thanks to Mr Postman ... I made a pretty crappy attempt at the buttonhole closures, and definitely need a lot more practice, but it looks OK, I think. The buttons were bought in Auckland while I was visiting in May ... funnily enough, I bought 4 of them at the time ... perhaps I knew something way back then!!! The names have been taken out for privacy reasons. The design was from one of the XS magazines that I can't put my hands on right at this minute (mainly 'cos I can't be bothered to go looking - if anyone is desperate to know leave me a comment and I'll track it down for you later).

(the front)

(the back)

17Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

That's a lovely Mail Art envelope! :) Hope that one reaches her - getting an exchange lost is sooo frustrating!

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is adorable.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Sylvie said...

What a beautiful envelope :)

9:20 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

That is very pretty :)

10:41 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Lovely job on your mail art, Anne!

Sorry to read about the expensive beads - I was wondering if these were diamonds until I read a little further in your post. Dreaded parking tickets!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Karoline said...

Gorgeous mail art Anne, congratulations

Bummer about the parking ticket

11:02 PM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

That's a lovely MA exchange, Anne :)

Hugs :)

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty mailart! I'm sure Zohrah will love it. Things going to Singapore seem to be hitting a black hole lately. Yikes!

1:40 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Such a nice exchange piece, Anne! Love it!

2:40 AM  
Blogger CindyMae said...

That is so cute!!! Great piece for exchange!

3:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so adorable! A wonderful thing to give in an exchange

8:42 AM  
Blogger Nancy in IL said...

Ohhhh, Anne... I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE mail art, and yours is divine! Such a pretty design! Your work is such a joy!

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did an amazing job on your mailart exchange! I hope it makes it safely this time. I am sorry to hear the other one got lost:(

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL....Wrong dearie...I read your blog all the time...like all bad blogger...I rarely comments. :( Opps...sorry.

Anyway I received your Mailart...So Pretty and Gorgeous with capital P & G!! Thank you so much! Buttonhole closures work perfectly. :)

11:38 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Love your mail art! Lucky Zohrah!

3:57 AM  
Blogger Lelia said...

I love the mail art ... I started one & [confess] didn't ever complete the project.

yeah, well, one of these days ...

1:12 AM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

That is gorgeous Anne! I was pleased to see Zorah's comment that she had received it safely. Hey, keep an eye out for the next issue of Threadlines from the Guild. Last week I was showing the ladies my mail art envelope from Danielle, and they were so excited over it, one of them scanned a photo of it, did a quick write-up about mail-art and pounced on the editor, who was at the monthly committee meeting that day. It was the deadline for the next issue so we just got it in. The Guild are having a Christmas Mail art exchange! Wanda is worried that it will just be her and me, but I said I know another member who will probably participate...YOU!

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home