Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Handy tool

I remembered when I was using it last night, that Mum said I should post a piccie on my blog of one of my favourite tools ... Mum thinks it's awesome! This is my 'cording weight' ... and it was very very expensive ... not ;) Basically it's just a metal paperclip that I unbent, and added some fishing sinkers onto it ... and now I have the perfect weight with a little hook to hang onto the middle of my cord when cording - works a treat! :D I'll think I'll hold off patenting the design (haha), but I thought I'd fulfil Mum's wishes and post a piccie ... especially as I have nothing else to post about today. (Excuse the shadows from the glorious afternoon sun.)

Today was my first 5am shift, and we usually have some 'down time' to catch up on emails etc at the start of the shift ... but today it was one call immediately after another for the first hour and a half - in fact I made a coffee before I started work at 4.50am, and it was 6.20am before I was able to pick it up and take a sip ... yikes! I'm not complaining, either, as I love it like that ... makes the day go so much faster when you're busy :D Hope the rest of the week goes as well as today woohoo!

And I heard from Jenna today that my scissors have been ordered, so in the infamous words of the Pointer Sisters, I'm running around singing "I'm so excited ... and I just can't hide it ..." la la la la la :D Yeah, I know, that's really sad, but I'm a bit loopy after the early morning start ... I'm sure I'll be hitting the wall of the zombie zone in about 1 hour and be struggling to stay awake, but for now I'm wired! ;) I might even get really keen and put an hour into the Dratteds to keep awake!

14Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

Oh, I would love to hear you running around singing "I'm So Excited" - funnier yet, when I read the line I thought it said "The Pointer Scissors" at first. LOL!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Anne, you should try to get this early shift permanently. Your posts are always entertaining, but you've attained new heights with this one. :D I can just see you running around your apt. singning. Can't wait until they arrive, lol!

1:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a hoot! And a very resourceful gal, as well. Having a weight for the middle of the cording really does help it turn out much nicer and smoother.

I'm recovering from a migraine today, so can I join you in your loopiness? ;)

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool idea! I will have to remember that one!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Very clever tool! It's always the simple ideas that are the best. :D

8:06 AM  
Blogger CindyMae said...

Great idea, I bet you nifty little tool works great for cording!!!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Glad you were able to get the scissors you wanted! And have fun when you visit with Katrina! Nice tool by the way; very creative!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Hi, loved this little tool. Its is a great idea. The MA you sent to Zohrah is indeed beautiful.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the tool Anne.

Unfortunately I couldn't comment on your latest post, it kept coming up with page unknown.

Your pinkeep is stunning, it's always nice to meet up with someone and you get along really well and have fun.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

What a great idea you came up with! And you make me just as excited for you about your new scissors. I can feel the energy coming from your post LOL.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

The scissor fob is beautiful! Hope the dinner party goes well.

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so cool. I think I'll make myself a paperclip/sinker weight thingy too :)

10:32 PM  
Blogger Meari said...

I think I'm being thick in that I can't picture how to use that tool you made. :( I use a cording drill.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Myrna said...

That is sooo cool! I had to have my husband come look at it, and then I batted my baby blue eyes at him, and asked him to make me one! LOL (I'll probably raid his tackle box, and make it myself!)

Thanks for the great idea! (and thanks for reading and commenting on my blog!)

Hugs...

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home