Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Survived the weekend ... phew!

This arvo I did something I only ever do when I'm on the point of exhaustion - had an afternoon kip ... and that 'little' kip went on for 3 1/2 hours oops! I obviously needed it!!

Friday after work I was absolutely shattered at my 7 days straight, especially doing the 5ams, but I then came home and didn't sit down once as I did all the housework ready for visitors on Saturday - then went out with the girls from work for dinner then dancing. We didn't get home until 1.30am so I'd almost been up for 24 hrs at that stage hmmm. Up again at 7.30am and I spent the entire day in the kitchen aside from 1 hour when I had to pop out to the shops for something I'd forgotten to buy for my dinner party menu.

All-in-all last night's dinner banquet was a great success ... I had a few bowls of antipasto items like caperberries, bellpeppers stuffed with mascarpone, olives, etc to pick on while chatting before dinner - then dinner was an Indian banquet of all home-made curries (Beef Vindaloo, Rogan Josh and 'Dragon curry' - that's Mum's recipe haha), Basmati rice, poppadoms and naan bread, with accompaniments of yogurt raita, tomato/onion/mint and banana/coconut/Thai sweet red chilli sauce ... with dessert of a cheeseboard and French Fruit Flan (homemade too). Swilled down with a couple of bottles of wine, the company and conversation was wonderful, and it was a really enjoyable evening (but another 1am finish oops). One of the girls stayed overnight and we walked down to have brekky at St Kilda with a couple of coffees, after which she headed off home, and I spent 2 hours chatting to Mum on the phone ... then a quick lay down saw me sleeping for 3 1/2 hours.

With any luck I'll lose that seedy feeling I've had all day (probably more from lack of sleep than an overdose of alcohol, I think) and I can pick up a needle for a couple of Dratteds stitches ... then this week is a wonderful 5-day week, a lovely treat for a change ;) Late shifts this week of 3-11pm, which is great, as I get to sleep in each day woohoo :D

Sorry to hear the previous post about my wonderful visit with Katrina seemed to be a bit corrupted, but it looks like comments are coming through on it now, so I guess the bug has been fixed. It really was lovely to meet her, and my pinkeep is now sitting on my stitching corner bookcase on a little stand so I can see it every day :)

I must apologise in advance, too, but my unread blog list is really starting to get to me ... every time I get the number of unread posts under 600 I can't seem to get them to stay there ... today it's back up to 726 unread feeds, and it's really overwhelming to see that figure every day and think 'where do I start', and never seem to see any real progress. So, tonight I've made the decision to start from afresh tomorrow ... I'm wiping the slate clean for want of a better word. I'm marking all threads as read, and I'm starting afresh. I feel terrible I haven't got around to catching up with everyone's blogs, but I think for me it will be the best thing to do at the moment.

Rightio, off to reheat some curry for dinner - I think I'll be living on it for the next 3 weeks, as I over-catered as usual haha.

8Comments:

Blogger Karoline said...

Glad to hear that your dinner party was a success, the menu had my mouth watering. I hope you manage to catch up on your sleep this week.

11:55 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

That dinner party sounds SO FUN. We used to do stuff like that before we had the younger two kids ... reading about yours makes me realize how much I miss it. Maybe they're old enough now....

Take care, and get some extra rest!

1:45 AM  
Blogger Rachel V said...

Mmmmm your Indian banquet is making me hungry!

Do NOT feel guilty about starting fresh on the blogs. :) Get more sleep! You have to take care of yourself first.

2:53 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Glad you had a great weekend!! This yankee (person, not the hated baseball team!!) has to go look up what arvo and kip mean :-) I am guessing kip is a nap?? Clueless what an arvo is - LOL!

3:55 AM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

It sounds like everything was perfect :)
Take care of yourself and get some rest :) It'll get you if you don't :)
hugs :)

4:00 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Anne, I knew your dinner would be a great success, but YUM, what a menu!! With all the preparation and working all week, it's no wonder you needed that sleep!

Now don't worry about all the blog reading that's accumulated. I think blotting out the past and starting fresh is just the thing!

5:52 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

hey Anne,I'm back online now and starting to catch up with everyone again. I'm so pleased that your dinner went off well, sounds divine :)Hope you get lots of well deserved sleep in this week and once again, it was just fantastic to meet up with you last week - and thanks again for my gorgeous fob. Once I get some pics downloaded and get Mum's from her, I'll email you a couple :)

8:09 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Anne, I think I was exhausted just reading all the things you did! The dinner sounded fantastic-glad it was such a sucess.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home