Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

The Dratteds are back

I've managed to do about 15 hours work on The Dratteds since I last took a progress piccie, and I'm starting to see the final deadline a lot closer now ... I chopped off all of my highlighted parts of my working copy, and I'm surprised how little is now left. I think I'll meet my self-imposed deadline and see this finished within the next two months :) Here's the progress to date, with a before and after piccie from when I last took a photo:
Before:

After:

When Sharon saw this piece in real life, she was surprised how big it was - it's 234 stitches wide x 150 stitches high ... I have to admit, though, it looks pretty gorgeous stitched up, even though it's a nightmare to stitch with all those greys. I'll be quite sad to eventually see these Dratteds leave home.

This week it isn't a great stitching roster, so not much will be done until possibly next week, when I need to concentrate on my scissor fob exchange.

22Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are making great progress on the dratteds, Anne. They look fantastic.

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks really really great all the way to Canada

1:46 AM  
Blogger Karoline said...

You've made great progress on this Anne

2:02 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Hurrah for you, that is a lot of progress! The end is in sight. I didn't realize it is such a HUGE project. WOW!

2:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a big project! the dolphins look real!

2:52 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

You are really getting there. I just looked behind me and saw it hanging and you are doing a great job on it.

2:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job on those dolphins! It's funny how you'll miss them once they're gone.

3:25 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Your dolphins look great!

4:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne, it looks beautiful!!

5:21 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

You've done a lot! It really doesn't look as if there's much left to do :)

7:01 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Wow, Anne, you rock! This looks fabulous!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Huge progress, Anne!! Way to go! :D

Your decadent stitching day in jammies sounds wonderful!!

8:07 AM  
Blogger msstitch01 said...

Your dolphins look beautiful Anne.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Rowyn said...

They are gorgeous, and so life-like!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

My gosh! They truly are far along now - how lovely! Yep, you could probably finish them by the end of the year.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Great progress Anne, and yep, they DO look huge to me! Have a good week! :)

8:33 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

The dolphin piece looks great! Can't wait to see more progress on it. Keep up the good stitching!

5:14 AM  
Blogger Crazy X-Stitcher Etc said...

That looks magnificent....lifelike...wow. I can't wait to see more of its progress.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

These are looking amazing! You have really made a lot of progress on them. Beautiful!

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne, there is absolutely NO WAY I would ever give such a masterpiece away! I did give a piece to my daughter with 217 hours in it, but I was so sick of it, I wanted to get rid of it. This is one of the most breathtaking pieces of work I've ever seen, and I can't wait to see it when it's done.
I hate to admit it, but it's in my stash. Why do I hate to admit it? Cuz I'll never do it, and I know it, LOL!

1:45 AM  
Blogger Chiara said...

What a great Progress!!!
cheers

5:20 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

You are really making great progress...the "dratteds" are looking wonderful!

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home