Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Feeling a bit perkier

Well, I don't feel quite as haggard today ... I felt absolutely disgusting this morning, but it was a good day at work, with some fun people on the Hotline, so it made for a more fun day. I also got my recent call evaluation done, and was told by the Quality Evaluator that I was an extremely valued member of the Hotline, and being made permanent was one of the best decisions management have ever made ... awww, that's so sweet! :)

Financially, things are better today 'cos it's payday haha ... I still don't have spare cash sitting around, and I am on a very VERY tight rein for the next fortnight, which means Sydney is most definitely not happening. One of the reasons I've been panicking is due to my tax return ... this is the first time I've ever had to pay money back, and it's just over $500 (I wasn't too phased about doing my return because I've always had money refunded to me ... then freaked out three weeks ago when I did my tax online, and haven't lodged it officially until today when I went through and re-checked all my figures before hitting "send" ... sure enough I have to pay boohoo). Anyway, I just assumed (stupidly) that you had to pay it before the end of the next financial year ... nope, you actually have to pay it by 21 November 2006 ... bl**dy hell!!! So, if I had any possible doubts about getting to see my best friend in Sydney, that sealed it! It's a shame, 'cos Vicki's never in Aussie, and it's a real hassle to visit her in New Zealand as the flights to Nelson aren't great. Oh well, I'll just have to save up and make a side trip the next time I'm home in Auckland ... whenever that will be.

Still no stitching news ... I've been stalking the mailbox today and there's no parcel in there from SB&B, so no scissor fob exchange being posted yet (my final exchange) ... it's early days yet, though, so hopefully it'll be here over the next couple of days. I've been feeling too flat to do any actual stitching, so no new progress to report either hmmm. Never mind, hopefully I'll make up for it on my days off this Thu/Fri.

Thanks again for all the supportive comments recently ... it means a lot :)

12Comments:

Blogger Ally said...

Aren't the tax people unreasonable? They take their time paying any refunds, but you have to pay with 5 minutes motice! Great positive feedback from work though.... I am sure this is entirely well-deserved.

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

{{{ HUGS}}} Anne

Been thinking about ya! Keep your chin up! It will all come right :)

More {{{HUGS}}}

Andie

7:55 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

That must of been nice to have your evaluator tell you were an asset. It's always nice to hear something positive. :)

Sorry to hear about your tax assessment. That's totally unreasonable to expect payment right away!

Hopefully your order will come soon. I've been waiting for an order from them for a couple of months now too.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Karoline said...

Congratulations on the great evaluation.
Sorry to hear about your tax assessment, it seams that the tax offices are @*&% the world round. Last time we had a largeish tax bill my DH rang the tax office to try and arrange a repayment scheme he got told to take out a bank loan!

2:08 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Wow, what a great acknowledgement on the part of your evaluator! Now if they just gave you a raise too... :D
((((hugs)))) again :) You are in my thoughts!

5:10 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Somehow I couldn;t get blogger to let me respond to your quilt pics and I wanted to say that I love them all. And yes I always am willing to give a bit of advise :-)

5:37 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

So glad you are feeling better!!! Whew - you've been going through some rough ones!

Thanks for the email - I plan to write you tonight :-)

6:40 AM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

So glad that you're feeling better! As they say...when it rains it pours and seems as if you've had your share lately... But you're keeping such a positive spirit!

6:48 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

How great to get some positive feedback from work, that's always such a lift! But knowing that you now have to feed the taxman - bah, humbug, not a good way to start the Christmas season....

10:10 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Hi Anne, glad you are feeling a little better today. Financial stress is a challenge-In know because I am going through some of the same things. I won't see any reiief until Friday. Does the Australian goverment allow you pay your assessments later or do a couple of installements if you request?I know they like their money at a certain time-but it is not always possible.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Meari said...

Awww... Sorry to hear about your tax return. I had that happen to me several years ago. Come to find out my employer didn't read my withholding form right and thus didn't withhold enough. >:0 Then they passed the buck (blame) from one employee to the next as to who's fault it was!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Lana said...

stinkin' taxes! Pooey! hang in there girl! I know it's rough, and I am sorry you can't visit your friend. That is a bummer. financial issues are always so stressful! I hate them!
~Lana~

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home