Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Didn't get the job...

The heading says it all, really ... Feel pretty flat and pretty disappointed - even though I knew it was going to tough to get it, it still kicks you when you get the news. It was especially hard 'cos I had so many people come to me and say they were shocked as they thought I was a 'shoe-in' ... never mind - definitely a night for stitching to take my mind off it. Better make it something simple, as I intend stitching with a glass of bourbon and lemonade in my hands in commiseration to myself ...

So, it's back to having my rosters chucked at me every few weeks, and not being able to plan much in advance, as it could all change at a fortnight's notice (or in this week's case, a week!) ... good job I learnt to stitch for stress relief ;-P

8Comments:

Blogger Cathy B said...

Anne - so sorry to hear that you did not get this job. I firmly believe all things happen for a reason. Turn this lemon into lemonade by stitching something wonderful! -You did say something about lemonade, right? ;)

10:19 PM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Oh that is bad luck, Anne - very disheartening when you miss out on a job that looked promising. But I agree with Cathy - everything happens for a reason, and there could be something much better around the corner. {{{HUGS}}}}
Ken still hasn't had a final report from his doctor yet, and says he feels like chucking the whole thing in and retiring anyway.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

Sorry about the job Anne

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the news, Anne, but I agree with Cathy. Everything happens for a reason, so maybe there's something even better just lingering around the corner? :)

4:24 AM  
Blogger Andie said...

Anne {{{{HUGS!}}}} I am really sorry to hear about the job! Hope that you feel better today.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I am so sorry A about the job... I can only echo what the others have said... Lots of TLC being sent your way... I can only sympathize with you - I know how I am feeling at the moment concerning my work situation... You take care now :-))

6:28 AM  
Blogger Lelia said...

Sorry to hear your news. Good Luck hunting for another opening.

8:42 AM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

(((((((Anne))))))))
Wishing you much success in whatever comes next for you :) I bet it will BEE much better than the job you didn't get :)
Hang in there :) :) :)

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home