Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Come in 'Dratteds' - your time is up!


What can I say? I don't think I feel well at all ... over the last two days I've been counting down the hours of my current rotation on Winter Queen, as I can't wait for my next rotation slot - which is for those Dratted Dolphins! What the ...??!!! That's a first - me actually looking forward to stitching them ... maybe that last migraine unsettled me more than I thought! ;) Anyway, today I put the final stitches of my 10 hour rotation for WQ, and she's about to be taken off the floor stand, to be replaced with the Dratteds for another 10 hours - I'm sure after 10 hours the novelty and joy of stitching them will have worn off LOL. Actually, I think I just really really want to get them finished so I can replace them with another piece on my rotation ... and there are so MANY screaming to take their place (high up on the list is Angel of Love by L&L).

Sorry I've been a bit slack commenting on everyones blogs - I've been avoiding the computer a bit since Sunday, other than just checking emails every day, to try and make sure I helped to keep the migraines away. Hopefully now I'm all up to date with everyone again, and regular programming can be resumed!

I've also chased up some outstanding mail orders from months ago, when I had my huge stash-fest ... there are still 3 orders yet to arrive :( It looks like my order from Wyndham Needleworks was mailed on 16 Nov, so hopefully it won't be too far away from arriving. I'm still waiting for some needles to arrive for my Nordic Needle order, and a back-ordered chart and Gloriana silk from Stitching Bits & Bobs - I've asked them both if they could send what they have already and send the other items afterwards ... I'm getting worried that closer to Christmas they'll get lost in the postal system, and it's too precious a cargo to go missing! Maybe I should just shove the parcels unopened under the Christmas tree this year for gifts to myself - what a treat ... anybody want to take bets as to whether I'll be able to keep from opening them? Nah, it'd never happen!! LOL.

And I can't believe that Christmas is so close around the corner - this year for me will be an extra special one - my Mum is flying over to spend Christmas with me, for a 6-week holiday. It'll be the first time since I moved here 2 1/2 years ago that I've had a family member to spend Christmas with, and I'm actually rostered off on Christmas Day too, for an even better bonus!! Mum gets to have a holiday here, and I get to have one too ... Mum will not sit down for the life of her - or if she does, she's usually doing something like knitting or mending something! She has the housework all done while I'm at work, so I don't have to do anything when I come home ... she's the best! I wish sometimes she'd take the time to rest herself, but she's happiest when she's doing things for other people ... she's one of the most kind hearted and generous people I know!! And she'll be here in only 3 weeks time - yippee!! I always joke I've saved a pile of ironing for her for when she comes, 'cos I detest ironing with a passion - and she loves it! LOL.

Next week it'll be time to start putting my little Christmas tree up - in our last flat I made sure we had a tree and trimmings up to make it feel like Christmas ... Mum always had the best tree in the world (boy, I miss that tree!!!), and she's instilled in me a love for Christmas with all its trimmings etc. It will be nice to share that joy with her again this year - and she'll also be here in time to see the Christmas displays in the shops ... she'll be in her element!

Anyway, time to get ready for work, I guess - need to head off early to take library books (on tape) back ... then only 3 days of work left (including today) before my next 2 days off. Really looking forward to 2 Dec, when I get 5 days off in a row ... ah, heaven!!!

For those of you in the US ... Happy Thanksgiving! :))

4Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

I can't wait to get my WQ started! I picked up the rest of my threads today. I know we talked about the colors "speaking" to us, lol. Blue, blue, and more blue!
Have a good time with your mom! And thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes. I'll be up early doing the baking and cooking.

Carol in Pa.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Nicki said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. Love your new look and the paua shell background. I have progress bars in purple on my blog. If you'd like them, email me and I'll send them to you (thelampons@hotmail.com). They go up in 5% stages - I think they're just a purple version of yours? Your Winter Queen is looking good by the way!

12:26 PM  
Blogger lobea2004 said...

Hi! Your queen is turning out beautiful. I like very much that pattern and I have it in my to do list. Thank you for your posts on my blog, I love them.

6:54 PM  
Blogger cathymk said...

Anne, Winter queen is looking fab already!! Congratulations.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home