Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Belated happy dances!!

Well, today has been the most perfect stitching day ... almost like a winter's day it's been bucketing down so hard you can hardly see out the windows - and the thunder has been rolling for a while ... what better way than to stay indoors curled up with your stitching :)

I started my 'finishing' rotation slot this evening with finally putting together two things that have been sitting unfinished for many many years - first of all my "Ancient Thistle Needlecase" by Textile Heritage Collection - and secondly my "Pins and Needles" scissor keeper by Forget-Me-nots In Stitches ... both stitched way back in 1999 (gulp!!). But they've both been given a new lease of life and can now become functional items in my needlework basket - yippee!!! I actually have a silk cord made up from the original threads, which I made a the same time as stitching the scissor fob, but I couldn't lay my hands on it - so I opted to use a variegated perle cotton by Anchor and a satin ribbon instead ... doesn't look too bad :)

Rightio, what else can I do tomorrow? I have a list of items to choose from ... the question is, which one will win out?

12Comments:

Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

Great finishes Anne. The scissor fob matches your blog perfectly

3:19 AM  
Blogger Andie said...

Hi Anne :) They look gorgeous!!

5:38 AM  
Blogger Running Kiwi said...

They're both gorgeous Anne! great work :)

6:22 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hi Anne, well done on your finishes. Would you like me to send some kiwi sunshine your way, lol. We've had some very muggy days this week, a few downpours too, but thats good as its getting very dry around Hawkes Bay.

Yes,I can't wait to go to Palmy, I LOVE the shops there, went to Massey Uni myself so its like my 2nd home, lol.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I love the needlecase anne - lol for that matter I love them both... You clever little stitcher you...

7:11 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

WOW! The thistle needle case is just stunning. I absolutely LOVE it! The cord you added is perfect. The scissor fob is beautiful as well. Glad these were sprung from your unfinished pile, they deserve to be out and admired. :)

7:55 AM  
Blogger Kali said...

They both look great Anne! Your finishing is beautiful :)

8:02 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Wow Anne! Both are stunning! Wow! Exquisite!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Outstanding! They are both so delicate and elegant! My Egypt Garden kit arrived today... when do you like to work on yours? Maybe I will SAL a little with you??

8:59 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Your finishing skills are SUPER! I especially find that thistle needlebook beautiful. Great job!!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

You left these unfinished!!! Just think, you could have been enjoying them all this time. They are absolutely lovely!~

Carol in Pa.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Juanita said...

These look great, Anne! You should be proud of yourself for finishing some things that have been languishing for a while.

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home