Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Update on Dratted's

Well, today my recliner has my bum imprint clearly embedded on it ;) I've been super-glued to it all day stitching my little heart out. Actually, saying that, I've just realised it's 11pm and I didn't stop for dinner ... oops! I've been having a DVD-fest today at Shackbuster, watching soppy movies such as Sleepless in Seattle, 50 First Dates and The Sixth Sense. I managed to complete one whole rotation segment in one day ... plus a little bit more - seeing as I also put 4 hours into this piece earlier in the week, I'll decide tomorrow whether I'll continue for the next 4 hours to complete another rotation segment, or just start on my next rotation slot. Anyway, here's the latest progress piccie of the Dratted's ... hopefully it will only be about another 2 rotation slots for them before I can cut the side lacings and move the fabric up on the scroll bars ... yippee!

Rightio, off to bed for me ... was going to sit and blog for a while to catch up on everyone's blogs, but I might have to leave that until the morning - didn't realise the time until I came to send this ...

8Comments:

Blogger Gina E. said...

What a pity I didn't drop into your blog an hour ago, Anne - we could have chatted online!! (Or even picked up the phone...). Your dolphins are looking great - I understand your feelings about the project, but won't it be fantastic when it's finished! If it was mine, I would not stint on dollars for framing it, after all that work.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Wow! You've stitched loads and it's stunning! Congratulations!

4:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are looking so good anne - I could be tempted - but I won't be!!!! I was thinking about you yesterday - but perhaps I could sense the 'do not disturb' sign... What you describe - a whole day of stitching without interruptions - BLISS!!!! LOL... S -beyond 'the blank page...'

5:57 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Wonderful progress, Anne! You must be so thrilled! I can't imagine a whole day of stitching ... sounds heavenly.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Oh Anne - they may be the Dratted's, but they look fantastic!! I have lots of days like the one you describe - not fun when the bummy falls asleep, is it?

8:27 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Dratted's really moving along, huh? Where did you hear about side lacing your pieces? You're the first person I've heard mentioning it. I use these contraptions from Nordic Needle and love them! http://tinyurl.com/8fuvh

Carol in Pa.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Lelia said...

Just beautiful. Such progress! Cannot wait to see more ...

1:59 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Wow! The dratteds are really coming along! I seldom get a day as you described, but probably the closest are the visits to Boise when I can sit at my BIL's, chat, watch a football game, and stitch - with no cooking responsibilities, just helping out :))
Very sweet!

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home