Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Stitching album template & Happy Dance


Seeing as there has been a bit of interest generated, I've scanned one of my album pages to give you an example of what I do - excuse the photo on it, one of my ink cartridges needs changing, so it's a bit pale. Anyway, hopefully it'll come through OK ... The box at the top is the same size as a 'normal' printed photo, so if I wanted to I could just paste in an actual photo, instead of scanning it - and I have one template page with a vertical photo format as well, then just type in the details at the relevant points. If anyone wants a copy of the actual Word document, I'm more than happy to send it to you - it's very very simplistic, though, so you might want to play with it a bit ... just drop me an email to shakatak at iinet dot net dot au and your wish will be granted :)

Rightio, back to my stitching, as I'm not far off my happy dance for Summer Into Autumn - I've finished all the actual stitching now, and just need to add the beads, so I'll have a piccie to post before the end of the day. Then I just have to wait for the MH treasure to arrive, before working out how the heck to finish it into a bellpull ... another new finishing technique for the new year :)


(edited to add the following Happy Dance)
Well, as promised, here's the finished version of Summer into Autumn by The Drawn Thread - I have to admit the 'softer' look of the single thread suits it well. It's not my usual style of stitching, but I really enjoyed stitching it for the variety of stitches involved, plus such a short and quick project to stitch - it took me a sum total of 9 stitching hours!

11Comments:

Blogger cathymk said...

Congratulations Anne! Looks lovely.

7:46 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Your diary format is very clear. I still haven't attempted anything like that - my real job requires such a lot of paperwork that I hate to carry that over into my hobbies!

Your DT is gorgeous!

11:27 PM  
Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

It's beautiful Anne!

11:29 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Your DT is so pretty, Anne! I enjoy little band samplers like that for the quick gratification and variety of stitches.
Thanks for letting us see your stitching album page! I think it's a great idea and plan to do something like it. Not sure if I should print it out tho - I have so much paper in my life I hate to add more.

4:09 AM  
Blogger Running Kiwi said...

Oh, I love it Anne! (I love DT charts :)), you did a great job on it :)

5:49 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Congratulations on your Happy Dance! It is absolutely lovely! I really should stitch that one some day... Mmm maybe next September ? ;-D

Your album is such a nifty idea too. Well done!

5:55 AM  
Blogger Tobie said...

Hi Anne, congratulations on your happy dance! It's lovely, and I rather like that 'softer' look of one strand too. Instant (or almost) gratification is a good thing once in a while for having a sense of accomplishment! :-)

6:06 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Ooo, what a pretty happy dance!!! Congratulations!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Rowyn said...

What a lovely HD! Great layout for your stitching album too - you are so organised!

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Anne! You did a wonderful job; that piece is just lovely! Can't wait to see your bellpull finish and now you have some instructions to go with it. ;) Let me know if you run into any snags or have any questions when you go to finish it.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Juanita said...

Congrats on your finish-- it turned out really nice.

I love the stitching album idea. That's such a wonderful record to have, especially for those of us who tend to give lots of our stitching away.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home